testers wanted

Discussion & Support for xplorer² professional

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

what do you think about the new program?

yay!
100%
nay!
No votes

Total votes: 7

nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: testers wanted

Post by nikos »

we'll see about portable later
in the meantime you can also open the installer with 7zip and extract the files manually
EMathews3
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by EMathews3 »

1. Could there be a way to turn off thumbnails? They don't display for me; what shows up instead is the placeholder icon from my picture viewer software. They eat a lot of vertical space, so that at most six files can be seen - when using the default Thumbnail-size of 156. What is the minimum size? I can't tell because ... (next item)

2. The Settings dialog fails to save the change when pressing Alt+O (and maybe pressing Enter?) instead of mouse-clicking on [Ok], unless you first click on some other control to move the focus.

3. "added keyboard shortcuts for most toolbar buttons" - I was expecting Alt+<something> accelerator keys for the Settings (and other toolbar buttons), but there's no underline in the caption, even when holding down Alt or F10. <F12> is nice if you look it up in the Help, but that's not discoverable in the program.

4. Experimentation shows the minimum Thumbnail size is 32 (this means no wasted vertical space, and 28 files can be seen). The Settings dialog's text+spinner control should disallow entering values lower than the minimum. Right now, the dialog does not raise an input error, but silently ignores the input. [Ok] sets the value back to the default 156, which silently loses the previous valid setting.
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

you can choose view modes by right clicking "nowhere", but i wonder why you can't see thumbnails? Can you see previews of pics? If you cannot see thumbnails then declone cannot compare for similar pics

as for the shortcut keys, they are shown in each button\s tooltip (F7 for mark etc)
Tuxman
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Tuxman »

Having been away from my Windows machine(s) for a few months, I find it amazing that there finally is a good alternative to AllDup. :)
Tux. ; tuxproject.de
registered xplorer² pro user since Oct 2009, ultimated in Mar 2012
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

:beer: please spread the word!