declone: now finds duplicates

Discussion & Support for xplorer² professional

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: declone: now finds duplicates

Post by nikos »

lnbrantley wrote: 2021 Jul 12, 19:37 Yes, give the latest version of Find.Same.Images.OK another try. I'm using 4.49 and see false positives at the 90% comparison level only when there is a very tiny difference between images. More often I have to crank it down to 80% or 75% to match images that DupDetector catches at 99% .
have you ever tried xplorer2 similar pic feature?
www.zabkat.com/blog/bad-photo-cleanup.htm
lnbrantley

Post by lnbrantley »

nikos wrote: 2021 Jul 13, 10:08 have you ever tried xplorer2 similar pic feature?
www.zabkat.com/blog/bad-photo-cleanup.htm
I tried it a few times shortly after you first introduced it. My recollection is that it didn't work as well for my purposes as the apps I mentioned earlier. I'll try it again.

Do you plan to use the same logic in DeClone?
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

yes I plan to use the same kind of ideas. Perhaps if it doesn't work quite well, it can be trained to learn to tell pictures apart better with your own samples.
BRX
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by BRX »

Just a few things for the phase 1.

I started a music search for "this PC".

First I noticed declone also searches mapped network drives. I have some mapped to my pc I didn't want to scan so I had to cancel the search. It's good that declone can search mapped drives. But this shouldn't be selected as default when "this pc" is selected to be searched. This should be in the option and not as default, since network files aren't on "this PC". Maybe there also should be a different option to include or exclude USB disks, thumb drives etc.

If declone recognizes that there are mapped network or detachable drives it maybe could ask if those should be scanned.

The "progress bar" isn't of much use to me as it tells nothing of the progress (which I know is difficult to prognose). But I'd very much prefer some indicator which simply counts the files and/or folders already scanned so far instead of this blinking green bar.

Also I notice in the bottom bar that the scanning jumps back and forth between drives and folders without a recognizable pattern for me. Is this because of multiple threads?. A sequential scan of the drives probably is slower though better for the user to calculate progress, especially if there can be indicators when the scan for a drive has finished.

What about a "progress bar" listing the drives declone has to scan, behind them the number of currently scanned folders/files on the drive and when the scanning of one of drives finished it gets a green light or a tick or something.
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

mapped drives are under this pc naturally, so they are searched too. You can define your own folder lists with SAVE button (where you define them)

as for the progressbar, it is work in progress, at some point something more informative will be added. But in general there's no way to get an accurate estimate of the time left, especially for phase 1