Weird Problem

Discussion & Support for xplorer² professional

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

Mini

Weird Problem

Post by Mini »

I am using a very old version of Xplorer (1.8.1.4), it is all I need and up to now it has functioned perfectly. I only use it for basic file management and having used others I always come back to Xplorer. I am finding that in Dual Screen The left hand pane either is extremely slow or does not open the folder where the right hand pane reacts normally with no problems. I first noticed this trying to work in a folder with over 3000 Flac files in it and thought initially it was the NAS drive giving problems but that can't be as the right hand pane and windows file manager opens the folder instantly. The left pane is also very spasmodic when scrolling through folders as well and it was this that I first noticed but today the left pane simply won't open the folder and is very slow opening smaller ones. This installation is only some months old as it is a new computer running WIN10. Any help would be appreciated.
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Weird Problem

Post by nikos »

are both left/right panes set exactly identical? Perhaps you have some extra slow columns in the left pane that explains the difference?
see here for more information: www.zabkat.com/blog/why-is-xplorer2-slow.htm

also getting the latest version could also help, try it out and see :)
Mini

Post by Mini »

Both panes are identical.
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

can you show us a pic? are you sorting by the same property left and right?
Mini

Post by Mini »

Yes, both panes have the same properties. I have a screen but it looks like I can't upload it direct to the forum and I have no other way of doing it.
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

you can use public image hosters like http://imgur.com or just send it to me through email

so you are saying if you read the SAME folder in the left pane is slow and if you put the SAME folder in the right pane it's faster?