declone beta

Discussion & Support for xplorer² professional

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

declone beta

Post by nikos »

not much new added but now it includes installer and runs much faster!
www.zabkat.com/test/declone_setup_beta.exe
Gandolf
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: declone beta

Post by Gandolf »

Appears to work O.K. I only checked for identical files since that is all I will ever do. 32bit, I would have thought a clever guy like you would have only written in 64bit!
Gandolf
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Gandolf »

The program is still running after it's closed. Not showing on the taskbar but is shown in Process Explorer.
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

use ALT+X to close it completely
Gandolf
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Gandolf »

I'd forgotten your liking of Alt+x, I've remapped Alt+F4 to Alt+x using AutoHotkey. The windows close button clearly still does no close DeClone.
I don't agree with your logic of not removing the program from memory, there is enough junk left in memory without you adding to it.
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

I suppose you're right, there's no point keeping declone in memory once you're done with it. It's not something you reuse 10 times a day!
EMathews3
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by EMathews3 »

Agree about unloading from memory. Also:

1. After scanning is done, F10 should send focus to the 'menu/tool bar' to allow keyboard operation.

2. [Clean up] => [Replace with links] gives "Linking is possible only for local filesystem & size-identical items" even though the only two files listed are exactly that. One file is selected/checked/struck-out.

3. Wishing for the right-click context menu to include a sub-menu which mirrors the [Clean up] menu.
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

#2 can you tell me more about the situation? A screenshot would help (you can send me an email if it's easier)
johngalt
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by johngalt »

I got a chance to jump back on this after not playing with the Alphas since ... .11?

it's super fast. But is there a way to compare 2 directories to find duplicates between two directories (including looking in to their subdirectories, drilling down as far as possible)?

Still looking at this for comparing my 80 GB of recovered music files versus my existing files I've managed to already recover, as the recover software found many duplicates but I cannot tell until I actually start re-tagging them.

Also, checking 8 GB of FLAC files in a single directory looking for 100% match found 3+ GB of duplicates in seconds....

nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

what do you mean there's no way to check 2 directories? You add as many as you like in the scan options property page
johngalt
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by johngalt »

I was asking how to do so lol - not saying it cannot be done.

Adding multiple directories is what I missed - I assumed it checked in each directory on its own, not aggregated.

nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

did you check the results, are the duplicate groups really duplicates or declone imaginary duplicates?
Ozoneman

Re: declone beta - Multiple selection

Post by Ozoneman »

Hi ! It could be nice to allow a multiple line selection of checked or unchecked files and to allow to uncheck/chek them in one action rather than ticking them one by one.
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

you can multiply select with CTRL+click as usual then press SPACE to turn tickboxes on/off
for more information on filtering and selection see www.zabkat.com/declone/help,htm#toc_mark
jimsstone

Post by jimsstone »

The message "Some items are filtered out of view. Shall we operate on ALL items, including those hidden?" is confusing since I've no idea of what's hidden. It also seems to contradict the search criteria I set up. All I want to do is delete one selected duplicate out of two displayed. (Actually I want to delete both but the app seems not to allow that.)
Last edited by jimsstone on 2021 Aug 27, 01:20, edited 1 time in total.