pasting paths into scrap container, opening in multiple tabs

Discussion & Support for xplorer² professional

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

jimspoon
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

pasting paths into scrap container, opening in multiple tabs

Post by jimspoon »

I right-clicked on a tab and clicked Copy All Paths. Then I open a new scrap container, right-click inside the empty container, and click Paste. Sometimes the folders that were open in the tabs appear in the scrap container, but other times it doesn't work. I heard a "Ding" and a message appears that "some items could not be located".

Also, after right-clicking on a tab and clicking Copy All Paths, I have pasted into a text editor. A comma-delimited list of paths appears. I've tried copying this list in the text editor, and then pasting into a scrap container. This doesn't work; I get the "ding" and the "some items could not be located" message. I can highlight and copy the paths in the text editor, one at a time, and paste them into the scrap container. But if I try to paste two paths at once (separated by a comma), I get the ding.

Is there a way to open a comma-delimited list of paths, either in a scrap container, or directly in multiple tabs?
jimspoon
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Re: pasting paths into scrap container, opening in multiple tabs

Post by jimspoon »

I highlighted some folders and pressed Alt+C, and pasted into a text file. The paths appeared on separate lines, not comma-delimited. I highlighted and copied this list. Then I pasted into a scrap container - this worked. If I do a Copy All Paths, paste into editor, replace the commas with CRLF, then paste into a scrap container, that also works.
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

copy all paths from tab menu is meant for find files dialog, where the LOOK IN field expects comma separated paths
scrap containers expect paths with newlines
jimspoon
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by jimspoon »

I'm confused. I right-clicked my tab bar and then clicked Copy All Paths. Then I right-clicked in a pane and then Paste. I wondered what that would do, since it is text, a comma-separated list of paths. I thought the most likely result was that the text would be put in an x2scrap.txt file in the folder I did the paste operation in. If I was lucky, I thought it might paste a LNK to each of the listed folders. That could be useful. Boy was I (unpleasantly) surprised - it MOVED (not copied!) the folders to the folder in that pane. Is this what should happen?

On the other hand, if I did an Alt+C on selected folders, what gets pasted to the clipboard is a <CR><LF> delimited list of paths, and when I do the same paste operation into the folder, I did get the x2scrap.txt file.
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

if you (tab)-copy all paths, then "paste" in a scrap container, you should get the tabs as folders in the scrap