Possibility of using QuickLook with Xplorer2

Discussion & Support for xplorer² professional

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

Districtor

Possibility of using QuickLook with Xplorer2

Post by Districtor »

I recently discovered QuickLook, a Freeware File Previewer, which is activated by pressing the spacebar. This works fine in Windows File Explorer, but not in X2. The spacebar in X2 seems to be assigned to "Toggle selection state of focused item" (Customize Keyboard/Misc/32823). I removed the spacebar as an assigned item, but QuickLook still won't start.

In the XYplorer forum i found the possibility of creating a small script for QuickLook:

https://www.xyplorer.com/xyfc/viewtopic ... 5&p=178716

Would it be possible to find a (similar) solution for X2 / To duplicate the spacebar behaviour of File Explorer ?

Thank you !
Districtor

Re: Possibility of using QuickLook with Xplorer2

Post by Districtor »

Well, i made it work with User Commands, sadly i cannot assign the spacebar to this script. Is there some way to assign it ?
Robert2
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Robert2 »

Why not use the native xplorer² Quick Viewer (Ctrl+Q)?
Districtor

Post by Districtor »

Because i use it in Everything too, it would be nice to have one "global" Previewer.
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

xplorer2 has a "peek preview" mode that works with ALT+Q. In general spacebar isn't a good idea for a keyboard shortcut because you may have problems editing text. You cannot assign space for user commands anyway. Try pressing left+right mouse buttons on the selected file and see if you like it