Drive bar

Discussion & Support for xplorer² professional

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

pstrg

Drive bar

Post by pstrg »

My drive bar looks like this:

It's possible to note that besides disk drive letters, the Box icon automatically appears; but icons of similar services like Dropbox, Google Drive and OneDrive do not.
- How to add those three absent storage services' icons to the bar?
- Also, is it possible to remove a physical drive from it?
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Drive bar

Post by nikos »

drivebar also shows mounted drives, I guess that's what this BOX is about (is it cloud?)
other cloud drives are usually plain folders in your PC, e.g. C:\Users\YOU\OneDrive
these folders cannot be added in the drivebar, but you can set them as bookmarks or use the quick access list of the folder tree
pstrg

Post by pstrg »

drivebar also shows mounted drives, I guess that's what this BOX is about (is it cloud?)
other cloud drives are usually plain folders in your PC, e.g. C:\Users\YOU\OneDrive
these folders cannot be added in the drivebar, but you can set them as bookmarks or use the quick access list of the folder tree
Box (box.com) is a cloud service but (as usual) maintains a local copy on c:\Users\<username>\Box

In accordance with your information, it's a mounted drive (but has no letter assigned to it).
My wish to put all folders from such services on the drive bar is because they would be always directly accessible - as bookmarks one has to 1) reach the tree for Quick access and 2) also click on it in case that branch is collapsed.
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

you can try mounting the other cloud folders as explained here
www.zabkat.com/blog/volume-mount-point-backup.htm