Folder Statistics saving windows position popup ?

Discussion & Support for xplorer² professional

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

walee

Folder Statistics saving windows position popup ?

Post by walee »

Hello,

i was wondering if it was possible to have an option to remember the last position of where the folder statistics windows is opening.
Right now it's ALWAYS opening on top left side of the windows dekstop. Since I'm working with multiple monitor, when let's say i have xplorer opened on the right monitor, everytime i need to use the Folder Statistic, i will pop up on the left screen.
Would be more convenient to have it pop up close the Xplorer Windows ?

What do you think ?

Thank you for this great software by the way :)

- Walee
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Folder Statistics saving windows position popup ?

Post by nikos »

I just checked, and the window pops up where you last left it. A couple of provisos
* do you have "save settings on exit" option ticked?
* if the stats window straddles 2 monitors, it will be reset to top left. Make sure it is positioned in one monitor entirely
walee

Post by walee »

where do you find this save settings on exit ?
i look through the options and couldn't find it.

by the way xplorer2 always reopen at the last position it was closed.

i am spefically talking about the FOLDER STATISTIC popup window to make things clear just in case.
FrizzleFry
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by FrizzleFry »

Save settings on exit is in Tools/Options/General (tab) with the main menu and File/Options/Options/General with the ribbon.

The option is at the top of the tab and has a drop down to choose where the settings should be saved (registry, ini file in appdata, ini file in install folder). Saving to registry is the recommended location unless you are using the ultimate edition and want to set up a portable install.
johngalt
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by johngalt »

Several pop up dialog boxes do not respect monitor usage in X². I've always chalked it up to maybe its inability to place dialog boxes because of weird monitor configurations - for example, I have 2 monitors, left and right. By virtue of connection type to my GPU, Windows always make the left monitor the primary monitor on clean installs, aka #1, and the right the secondary, or #2. I then tell Windows that I want to use use the right monitor as primary (make #2 the default Windows desktop main display) and make the #1 monitor on the left the secondary monitor.

After doing that, X² definitely opens wherever I last closed it from. However, if I am on the secondary display (monitor #1, left) and I, say, perform a copy from a .ZIP folder to another folder in a separate pane, the copy dialog that pops up (from Windows) does not follow my X² position and shows up only on the primary (#2) display, and usually flush against the left edge of the primary display.

I realize that in this case this is the Windows popup and not X²'s popup, but there are some obscure X² popups that do not respect main program location and still attempt to open on the primary monitor. IIRC, I think I asked about it before (or else posted a reply to someone else's mention of it) a while back, with the understanding that it was not solvable. Of course, in the above example it is definitely not - because it is Windows interjecting. But as soon as I can get an example of an X² popup doing the same thing I can report back.

I'll try to find this folder statistics window to see if I can replicate walee's behavior as a first test.