browse flat for folders/subfolders

Discussion & Support for xplorer² professional

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

rnmerchant

browse flat for folders/subfolders

Post by rnmerchant »

I had an idea that I need to compare subfolders within a series of folders. I thought that selecting the folders of interest (from the root) and then 'browsing flat' might work, but this utility seems to show only the contained files, and not the (sub)folders.

Any way that I could do this task?

Thanks Richard
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: browse flat for folders/subfolders

Post by nikos »

if you use TOOLS > COMPARE SUBFOLDERS menu command, it will ask you whether you want to compare files or folders
richardk
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by richardk »

nikos wrote: 2021 Oct 25, 05:38 if you use TOOLS > COMPARE SUBFOLDERS menu command, it will ask you whether you want to compare files or folders
Either this doesn't work or I'm just not understanding anything in the reply because the folders aren't there in the browsed-flat scrap window. I want to browse flat and see the folders listed (in fact for the folders I'm comparing right now I only need to see the subfolders listed flat and don't need to see files at all). I found this other thread and also there I just don't understand anything anyone's saying. I need the "explain it to your 90 year old grandma" version.

http://forum.zabkat.com/viewtopic.php?t ... cc297dae24
v 2.5.0.4
Win 8.1
Xplorer2 user since at least 2005
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

this particular feature (asking for folders to compare) was added in v4, so you don't have it. Lots of things are added all the time, big and small: www.zabkat.com/dinosaur.htm