Discussion & Support for xplorer² professional

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

v5.1 final released

Post by nikos »

the announcement is here https://www.zabkat.com/blog/x2-v51-bigup.htm

you will notice that the order (buy) page looks different, I'm using some new guys, please let me know if anyone has problems ordering
thanks
FrizzleFry
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: v5.1 final released

Post by FrizzleFry »

Using Ctrl-L to see all the hard links for a file in the find (Ctrl-F) scrap pane does not show all the hard links for files that have 3 or more links. I seem to get 2 links for files that have 3 and 3 links for files that have more than 3.

Scrap panes generated by Shift-Enter or Ctrl-S do show all the hard links with Ctrl-L.

It seems that if a file is in a scrap it cannot be sent to another even doing Ctrl-S from the main window.

I there a way to send a file from a scrap pane to another scrap?
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

I can't reproduce #1 about search results and links. Perhaps there's some relationship with your files? Perhaps some of the links were already listed?

ctrl+S from the main window sends to the scrap you last worked with. From one scrap to another, you can use drag-drop
FrizzleFry
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by FrizzleFry »

You are right. The "missing" links were already in the scrap just further down the list. Sorry about that.

What I was trying to do was send files from the find scrap pane to another new scrap pane so that I could do Ctrl-L in the new pane.
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

try using a DUAL scrap pane
FrizzleFry
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by FrizzleFry »

Using a dual pane makes sense. I'll have to reassign a keyboard shortcut for toggling dual pane mode.
teknowledgist

Post by teknowledgist »

I'm disappointed. No new silent install options.

I suppose I should have kept tabs on the forum and spoke up when the feature request went out. :cry:
EMathews3
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by EMathews3 »

Some link(s) cannot be resolved today
What does that mean? It seems to appear only when Ctrl+L cannot add more hardlinks to the miniscrap, because all links are already listed there. For example, none of the listed files have any other links. Or, because all links were already added by a previous Ctrl+L command. Can't tell if the message means program-error or user-error or 'normal conclusion to normal operation'. Should it instead say something like, "[X-number of] files are pointed to by [Y-number of] hardlinks/directory entries." to indicate the command has previously completed successfully and there is no more information to show.
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

one possible "error" is if the link target already exists in the scrap