Pane autorefresh timeout

Discussion & Support for xplorer² professional

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

Robert2
Gold Member
Gold Member

Pane autorefresh timeout

Post by Robert2 »

Whenever I right-click a picture and choose "Save As…" in any of the Chromium-based browsers, I am now getting a "sticky" .tmp file in the Windows 10 Downloads folder. Such ghost .tmp files obviously cannot be deleted because they only live in the file list. And they won’t go from the display until and unless I click on "View | Refresh" (Ctrl+R). I tried to change the value of "Pane autorefresh timeout" in the xplorer² advanced options from 500 to 100. To no avail.
This seems to be a bug in the Chromium-based browsers (it is not happening in Firefox), but do you have any suggestions for an automatic autorefresh in xplorer²?
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Pane autorefresh timeout

Post by nikos »

does autorefresh work in other situations? If so, you can ignore this small exception :)
there is an "alternative autorefresh mechanism" option in TOOLS > ADVANCED OPTIONS somewhere, you can try that too
Robert2
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Pane autorefresh timeout

Post by Robert2 »

Actually, this is happening with all downloads (pictures, Web pages, executables, etc). And only in the Chromium-based browsers. It sticks until I have pressed Ctrl+R. Of course it can be ignored, but it is annoying. It should not happen.
But the "alternative autorefresh mechanism" in xplorer² did the trick. Thanks a lot, Nikos! :beer: