xplorer2 always want to access floppy at startup

Discussion & Support for xplorer² professional

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

TtTof

xplorer2 always want to access floppy at startup

Post by TtTof »

Hi, I'm new there so I first wanna congratulate the author 'cause 2xplorer and xplorer2 are really good stuff (guess it's obvious for everybody here, but I had to say it :wink: )

now my problem, which seems to have already been discussed in this forum, but not solved (or I've missed the solution) : when "Show Tree" is activated, xplorer2 tries to acces the floppy at startup, even if both panes are showing directories on hard drives and not on the floppy disk. As a result, xplorer2 doesn't load as fast as it should. That's not a real matter but I find it really annoying. :?

This problem doesn't happen with 2xExplorer. It appears only with xplorer2 (0.55 and previous versions, but I dunno how many).

Here is two lines of the dbmon log that are very likely related to that :
2608: MINI-ASSERT: GetPidlType fails for: A:\
2608: MINI-ASSERT: GetPidlType fails for: K:\

A: is my floppy (yes it is! :) )
K: is my dvd drive

Both are empty. If I put a floppy in the A: drive, the first line disappears from dbmon. And if I put a dvd in the K: drive, the second line disappears.

Curiously enough, I've a cd-r drive whose letter is L: and even if it's empty, I've no line about it in dbmon.

I prefer not to post there the entire dbmon log, but if it's useful, just ask.

thanks in advance for your help
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

i'm pretty sure this is just happening for the debug build. If you get the release version (link posted in this forum a long time ago), you won't have this behaviour
TtTof

Post by TtTof »

Ok, I think I've found it. Is this the good one? http://www.ps.ic.ac.uk/~umeca74/kenny.zip

But this version still try to access the floppy disk
I've run dbmon and have had the same two lines in the log.

By the way, is that normal that the release version sends informations to dbmon? Maybe I've not found the good link.
JRz
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by JRz »

TtTof wrote:Ok, I think I've found it. Is this the good one?
No, it isn't. But it should have been though!

@Nikos Do you refresh the contents of the zip file under that link? Because the file inside is dated 23-01-2004 12:17 and based on its size I suspect its just a debug build!!
TtTof wrote:But this version still try to access the floppy disk
I've run dbmon and have had the same two lines in the log.

By the way, is that normal that the release version sends informations to dbmon? Maybe I've not found the good link.
No, it is not normal for a release build. But you've already guessed: the one you got is also a debug version of X2.

I hope Nikos can provide you with an old link, because I too was unable to find one with a release build in it.
Dumb questions are the ones that are never asked :turn:
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

all sorted!
kilg0r3

Post by kilg0r3 »

Sorry but the link above, does not seem to work anylonger, and, with the current version 0.0.0.57, I still have got that 'problem'.

TIA
TtTof

Post by TtTof »

kilg0r3 wrote:Sorry but the link above, does not seem to work anylonger, and, with the current version 0.0.0.57, I still have got that 'problem'.
The link above was indeed a debug version, so it would have been of no use for you. Like me, you need a release version, but I've no link to give to you. Apparently, the real release version is in progress, so...

But actually, I'm happy with the 0.0.0.57 debug version 'cause I'm not using the tree anymore (sorry Nikos :wink: ). With the "Select Drive" Button and the title buttons on each pane (great feature ! :inlove: ), the tree is now useless to me. Give it a try and see by yourself...
JRz
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by JRz »

TtTof wrote:With the "Select Drive" Button and the title buttons on each pane (great feature ! :inlove: ), the tree is now useless to me. Give it a try and see by yourself...
Yes, it's a breeze to navigate using those tools!. No need for tree anymore (always found it awkward to navigate using the tree)

In fact, this, the dual pane layout and the comprehensive dsearch facilities are the main reasons I use X2!!
Dumb questions are the ones that are never asked :turn: