volunteer grafix designer wanted

Discussion & Support for xplorer² professional

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

volunteer grafix designer wanted

Post by nikos »

any industrious people with artistic disposition out there, who'd be willing to help with the grafix of the new xplorer2?

i think it's high time we started looking into appearences for toolbar buttons, dialogs, website logos, etc

if you think you've got what it takes and don't mind working just for fame (since there's no money to be made) please let me know!

thanks
kanabeas

Post by kanabeas »

You could start a competition on your website logo etc. So all could do something and you choose the one you like more.
The winner, except having his name on your site and program, gets a kilo of Greece's finest, original, traditional, hand-made by 200+ year old eremites on the highlands of Olympus, FETA cheese!!!! :)
|--------------------|
|~ByTeGeNeSiS~|
|------------------- |
mimeryme
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by mimeryme »

The idea of a competition sounds interesting.

Anyway, I've mostly liked the original buttons from x2. I did change them up a little bit. However, ever since you implemented the higher color counterparts, I decided to make a few replacements as I hated the pink glows around the icons.

It's not much and they don't use many colors at all, but I like them. I've never shared them w/ anyone though, except through desktop screenshots. They're not very original either, but here's a desktop screenshot I took recently w/ x2 open: http://mime.ryme.net/images/desktops/Jan21_04.png (~236KB)

The X and the scissors' handle is red. I didn't do much to the copy and paste icons from the original low color versions in x2. I also managed to get the small toolbar in the find dialog (which took a bit of tweaking to get the colors in there). I didn't touch the AND/OR binocular icons though as I rarely see them anyway.

Well, I'm sure I'm not the only one reshacks x2's toolbar bitmaps. It'd be nice to see some screenies.
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

i'm sure all the litestep etc guys do their own set of "skins" for x2, so yeah, let's have them on parade, and the best designer wins. Or we could have x2 offered in different skins for end users to pick. Feta cheese optional :)
moshi

Post by moshi »

i am using icons by Jimmac. guess i should get more creative and try to do my own set. cant make promises though.

http://screenshots.haque.net/screenshot ... t-7898.jpg

(i hope Maur is reading this thread)
vserghi
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by vserghi »

How did you manage to run x2 in Linux? was it Wine?
Vas
moshi

Post by moshi »

that´s Windows (with an alternative shell)
http://www.bb4win.org
mimeryme
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by mimeryme »

http://mime.ryme.net/download/xplorer2icons.zip

I finally did my own copy/paste icons. Not terribly original, but I like the way they all look. I hope someone can find some use of these, they're in bitmap format ready to replace the default ones in x2.

You can preview them in my screenshot a few posts above.
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

i think we fell through with that licence agreement :)
freeborn

Post by freeborn »

moshi i want those icons. please? :)
btw what OS are you running, and how did you change the folder icons if its 2k/XP. or is it only 2k that doesnt let you replace folder icons correctly?