Print (save) the treeview

Discussion & Support for xplorer² professional

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

TKC

Print (save) the treeview

Post by TKC »

2x is a good code. :) I used it for 2 years and X2 is even better one. Thanks for the great works. :D

The only additional function I like to have is the capability to print and save the treeview. I like to save it as text file or HTML file with text+icon.

Right now, I was using print screen and screen capture to print and save the file structure.

Thanks you very much.

TKC
fgagnon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fgagnon »

Do you mean like the 2X [Ctrl+D] feature ?
... which brings up a nice pane of folder data, which then can be printed or saved for reference.

I, too would like to see that. (And I think something like that is on the 'to-do' list, so we should see it eventually. )

But for now, I just drag out 2X & use it when I need that feature.
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

yup, 2x is an old nail but not totally rusty yet :)
it just won't go away!
TKC

Post by TKC »

Yes, Both of the codes are great. They are on my "must have" list. I installed them on every computer I can put my hand on.

[Ctrl+D] of 2X gives a good results and can extend the sub_folder and sort them.
8)
If it can be saved and printed WYSIWYG, it will be very good. :)

If the items (size, number of files,..) to be displyed can be selected, it will be perfect. :D

Thanks for the reply.
dda

Subfolders

Post by dda »

Will something like the old Ctrl-D subfolder function of the old 2XExplorer find its way into the final (pay-for) code?

DDA
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

i could easily paste the same code from 2x to x2 but that old folder data nail will seem out of place! I would like to have a properly improved version but almost certainly this will miss the first version to go out
TKC

Post by TKC »

Hello, nikos,
I think it is a good idea to includ the function in the x2. It is will be perfect, if you can make it to be savable (and printable) as WYSIWYG.

Thanks.

TKC
nikos wrote:i could easily paste the same code from 2x to x2 but that old folder data nail will seem out of place! I would like to have a properly improved version but almost certainly this will miss the first version to go out
dda

Plugins or Externals

Post by dda »

Maybe some of these antiquated features (Nikos' sentiments, rather than mine) could be made available as some sort of plugin, or (if the code is easily separable from the bulk of 2X) as small standalone programs?

Some of us are even a tad sentimental about some of these "old nails".

I'm thinking particularly of the old folder data view... I'm attached to it... I confess. If you don't include it, I'll probably keep an old copy of 2X and run it secretly after midnight from time to time... sigh.

DDA.
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

don't get me wrong, i am not denouncing my former offspring!
but i'm in a hurry to get a working version out and there's no time to upgrade the rusty ctrl+D.

there are many other programs out there that specialize in folder data like TreeSize -- not sure about the name!

in the next major upgrade there's going to be a folder data command to kick treesize's @rse :)