thumblind

Discussion & Support for xplorer² professional

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

Requiem

thumblind

Post by Requiem »

Even if it is offtopic I must say this first: Clickable pathbars, priceless :)

Ok the thing is the thumbnail view shows thumbnails of every image format supported, if it is not supported or it isn't an image then a "no thumb" icon is shown good?

bad! the "no thumb" should not exist at all, the file icon should be shown instead!

(if this is the last alpha, should i give up my hopes for a full toolbar like in 2x?)
joba

Full toolbar

Post by joba »

I would like to add my voice to the request for a full toolbar (At the bottom?) as in 2xExplorer. I am not used to using Ctrl functions any more and point and click with a mouse makes it so much more functional.

I also would like an address bar for each of the panels. It is very confusing when you start working in a panel and realise that you actually meant the other one!

I also must compliment the writer with a really useful and nice product!
Joba
Requiem

sorry

Post by Requiem »

I don't know why but I feel like my commentary about thumblindness pissed you off, It was just pun sori.

But its serious, there most be some way to display the file icon instead of the No thumb availabe one because it hurts that feature deeply.

I know, keyboard shortcut are excellent when you're working with documents and code (and they're vital for scripting)

but when one works with graphics it becomes a little unconfortable, i loved the tool bar in 2x And i miss it.

But don't despair for I think Nikos is preparing a wonderful new toolbar (or at least the same than before).

The ui isn't complete that all.

EDIT:Some typos corrected.
Last edited by Requiem on 2004 Feb 14, 07:29, edited 1 time in total.
mimeryme
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by mimeryme »

PO'ed who? Uhm, I agree that instead of 'No Thumbs,' the file's regular icon should be shown instead.

As far as the toolbar is concerned, I wouldn't mind seeing it back as long as there's an option to turn it off. I do hope that whatever the implementation, it would be possible to have the toolbar locked so that there's no gripper on the left side.

I find that I don't use the toolbar much in 2x anyway, so it's no inconvenience for me. I must say that I can't wait for customizable toolbars. I think that's in the pipeline, right?
Squeak

Post by Squeak »

I'm digging this up because I would really like to see this implimented in the new version. The way files without a thumbnail image are displayed is ugly, and in my opinion unnecessary. What's wrong with just diplaying the file's own icon, as explorer does? Folders are diplayed as icons in thumbnail view,  so why not other files?
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

you do get a small icon, no?