copy/paste/rename/etc disabled while copying files?

Discussion & Support for xplorer² professional

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

poppyq

copy/paste/rename/etc disabled while copying files?

Post by poppyq »

While copying files between panes doe xplorer2 disable keyboard shortcuts? I'm copying a large file right now (ghost image) and I cannot use F2 to rename a text file, ctrl-c doesn't copy to clipboard, etc, but if I right click and choose rename or copy or paste they work just fine, is this behavior by design? If so is there a way to turn it off? :D I work heavily within explorer/xplorer2 and often times need to continue renaming files and/or copy/pasting while another copy/paste is in progress. I know this may be specific to a few people but I would like to see this at least as an option to turn on or off.
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

with the current program design, all shortcuts are disabled during copying
in the future i may throw the copying in a background thread to release the main window. Or i could devise some hooking mechanizm to get shortcuts working

the easiest workaround is to clone a new window and do the copy there while still working in the original
Morning Star
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Morning Star »

Can I second the motion for a background thread? I run into this all the time, and some times it is even more serious: x²'s panes themselves do not respond at all... :cry:
It is my job to comfort the disturbed,
and to disturb the comfortable.
poppyq

Post by poppyq »

I would like to see this too :)
JRz
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by JRz »

Yes Nikos, I think this one should be in the first release!! It's going to be a major nag. You only discover with hindsight that your copy process is not as fast as you thought and then it's too late to clone a window!
Dumb questions are the ones that are never asked :turn:
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

ok, since this isn't such a hard thing to do, i'll throw it in!
JRz
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by JRz »

nikos wrote:ok, since this isn't such a hard thing to do, i'll throw it in!
I know I whined for it myself, but be careful that these little beans don't grow to become a hill of them :)
Dumb questions are the ones that are never asked :turn:
poppyq

Post by poppyq »

yay for nikos, now when I'm copying 2GB+ ghost/powerquest images I can still browse around and do my copy/pasting/renaming with shortcuts instead of the menus/cloning (which I'd forget to clone until I had already started the copy)