scrap frames

Discussion & Support for xplorer² professional

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

anne154

scrap frames

Post by anne154 »

I used an older version of X2 at the suggestion of Nikos when I had trouble using an external HD with x2. I have not tried playing with scrap frames. I just lownloaded the most current version (59) and deleted the old version; is there available an older version to use for looking at the scrap frame feature?

Too, I am one who misses the drive bar from 2x. Also, I searched the forum for comments on the missing task bar that was on the bottom of 2x, but found none. I used it all the time, and miss it in the new version x2. Is there any chance a customizable task bar will be implemented? I, for one, don't care for menus, nor use function keys.

Looking forward to the final version, and will gladly pay for it.
JRz
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by JRz »

Hi Anne,

Just be patient for a little while longer and you'll be surprised pleasantly by the soon to come beta release of .

All the whishes you have for are implemented in that release. It will be followed by a commercial release which you have to pay for (a moderate amount, prices are still to be set though).
Dumb questions are the ones that are never asked :turn:
anne154

Post by anne154 »

Just be patient for a little while longer and you'll be surprised pleasantly by the soon to come beta release of X².
===========
The version I just downloaded has Beta listed in the Help menu.

All the whishes you have for X² are implemented in that release. It will be followed by a commercial release which you have to pay for (a moderate amount, prices are still to be set though).
============
I take it there is no longer a version at this time with which one can play with the scraps feature?

I still use the 2x version for all functions except when I wish to use th eviewer; the x2 version is a vast improvement. I didn't think to try out the scraps feature when I had an older version.

When beta is out I'll try it again with my external HD hooked up. Oddly, in th epast, whenever 2x loaded, it engendered a horrific vibration in my internal HD as it seemed both spun up at the same time. I have never had the problem other than when 2x was running.