"sticky" setting for directory pain?

Discussion & Support for xplorer² professional

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

tadmor

"sticky" setting for directory pain?

Post by tadmor »

My first day of beta testing (0.0.0.59) has gone off without a hitch. So far x2 has worked flawlessly with MacroExpress, in contrast with the last time I used this programme. So there are no major bugs to report, but I do have a query and suggestion about the directory pane.

First the query: is there a "sticky" setting for the directory pane, so that the next time I open the programme, I will see the directory opened the same way it was when I last closed it?

The suggestion: I would like the directory pane to respond to my clicks in the right pane. Here is an example: the right pane is showing the file whipper. doc in the directory C:\My Documents\Burger Queen. When I click to select whipper.doc in the right pane, I would like to see the directory structure on the left side open up to show the relative location of the file. This would really save a lot of time navigating if I had to set up directories to do some dual pane operations. Of course, if there is a sticky setting for the directory pane, this would lessen the urgency of this feature.

Thanks,
Daniel
fgagnon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fgagnon »

You can do all of what you asked (see help menu & use search in forum)

hints: , here (for example)
For synchronizing tree, just set it up on window tab under tools|options.
tadmor

Thanks + apology for typo

Post by tadmor »

Thanks for the pointers. I see I've got some reading ahead, but I second several others in the forum: I'll probably stick to 2Ex for most of my daily activities.

By the way, I would like to apologize to all for my terrible proofing of the original query, where I typed "pain" instead of "pane". It was an unfortunate voice-typo (DNS) that I didn't catch.

Daniel
narayan
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by narayan »

Glad you are not calling this a Freudian slip! ;)