Extra toolbars?/Where's the Tabs?

Discussion & Support for xplorer² professional

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

Gordon

Extra toolbars?/Where's the Tabs?

Post by Gordon »

Tabs, for quick access to folders, would be the only feature that would tempt me to the PRO version, but as I can't see it listed anywhere I presume it's not there.
Will the "Extra Toolbars" enable you to include designated bookmarks on the extra toolbar?
Bookmarks in the toolbars would come a close second to tabs, especially if you have the option of renaming them.

I am not a file junky, I do not need a file manager for deep searches, etc, I just want to locate my files/folders as quickly and most conveniently as possible so from a user perspective I would consider Tabs an essential.

Any reason why they have been left out? Any plans to include them in the future? I always thought there was a lot of support for them out there, but I guess I'm wrong :(

After tasting Firefox with its tabbed browsing I have never gone back to IE, maybe one day X2 will do the same and we can all say goodbye to Windows Explorer as well :D
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

tabs will probably come in v2; for the moment it is just ctrl+W
and yes, you can put bookmarks on extra toolbars

from a keyboard-oriented perspective, "tabs" are already here since you can assign keyboard shortcuts to your bookmarks. I understand that this is not everybody's cup of tea
mimeryme
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by mimeryme »

nikos, would it be possible to allow for customizing bookmark/user command icons?
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

in a forthcoming version perhaps!
in the meantime you'll have to keep the toolbar labels on