Feature Requests

Discussion & Support for xplorer² professional

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

Thracx
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Thracx »

nikos wrote:you can define two "layouts" (they include all the registry options), one with hidden files enabled and another with hidden off. Switching between the 2 would just be a single keystroke if you assign a keyboard shortcut  to said layouts. A minor inconvenience will be the extra window
Yeah, thanks for the workaround..  I'll try that if I can't get a script to do the menu work for me, but do you think you'll add a user command / toolbar option / windows message to do a quick toggle, perhaps in the next version of xplorer2?

I have a feeling a script to do the menu work quickly would work, if anyone is listening who knows vbs, let me know!
-Thracx

"Man wants to know, and when he ceases to do so, he is no longer a man."
-Fridtjof Nansen
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

there's no command to "switch pane tiling" so no script will help you
but if you assign a keyboard shortcut to the  layouts  as  i suggested (Window | Organize) you won't need any vbs
Thracx
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Thracx »

nikos wrote:there's no command to "switch pane tiling" so no script will help you
but if you assign a keyboard shortcut to the  layouts  as  i suggested (Window | Organize) you won't need any vbs
I don't really know what "switch pane tiling" is or what you were getting at, sorry, but that's probably because I wasn't clear - I haven't done any of this work but I know there are scripts/etc that can control a GUI interface which could be used to automate actually clicking Tools -> Options...etc.  I am using your workaround for now (whch means keeping the duplicate layout up-to-date) but my point was that I would prefer if switching the option in the current window could be made faster (and that I wouldn't mind learning whatever techniques would be used to do that GUI control since I don't know them :) ).

Thanks for your help again nikos!
-Thracx

"Man wants to know, and when he ceases to do so, he is no longer a man."
-Fridtjof Nansen