Name column disappeared

Discussion & Support for xplorer² professional

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

plas

Name column disappeared

Post by plas »

Sometimes I start explorer2 and see that the left or right pane does not have the Name column. It has only Size and Modified. I use Name column as not stock (without [S]). Other columns are stock columns.

It happens if the Desktop folder was active at the moment when I exited xplorer2.
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

i can't see that
i added the "normal" name column (why would you do that? it's slower) and it was there next time i quit from the desktop folder

perhaps you've saved settings for the desktop folder without a name column? Try Actions | Folder settings | Clear
plas

Post by plas »

I know that the stock column is faster, but it does not sort names properly.

I don't use Desktop very often, but xplorer2 changes folder to Desktop automatically if some folder does not exist. I hate this feature.

The Desktop has all not stock columns empty. Only icons are visible in the Name column.
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

is that windows 98?
plas

Post by plas »

Yes
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

win98 has this really stoopid desktop folder that exposes no column handlers. So when x2 gets up there it discards the non-stock name column because the folder doesn't support it

there is no solution

the workaround is to save a column set as "default" and whenever it gets out of shape put it back in place; a keyboard shortcut would make sense too