path bar (?) problems

Discussion & Support for xplorer² professional

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

cyraxote

path bar (?) problems

Post by cyraxote »

You know, where you click on the bold path name to go up one folder in the tree structure.

In my case, I seem to be jumping 2 or 3 levels up, whether I single click or double click.

Any ideas?

I'd hate to have to go back to 2xplorer just for this, but it's really a waste of time.

Thanks!

Rodney
mimeryme
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by mimeryme »

cyraxote, where are you clicking exactly? x2's path bar allows for jumping a till the root drive. For example: if c:\windows\system32\drivers\ is displayed on the path bar, clicking on 'c:' will take you to the root of the c:\ drive. Clicking on 'windows' will take you to c:\windows\ and so on.

In order to just go up one directory, you can click on 'system32' or double click on an empty area of the path bar.
fgagnon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fgagnon »

Emphasizing what mimeryme pointed out so well -- this is actually a time saver (& click-saver) compared to 2x, where it takes a double-click (anywhere in folderpane titlebar), & then it only takes you up one level.
With x2, you use a single click on next foldername of interest in folderpane titlebar to move upward exactly how far you want. :D
(& of course, d-clicking in an open area of the folderpane title bar does take you up just one level).
Last edited by fgagnon on 2004 Aug 03, 11:34, edited 1 time in total.
narayan
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by narayan »

Or simply press BackSpace key once. You will go up by one level in the active folder pane.
Gandolf
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Gandolf »

I've just spotted what Shift-right-click does - VERY clever.
fgagnon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fgagnon »

yes, clever (I think it was JRz's idea)

That's for when the full path string overflows the width of the folderpane titlebar -- so you can still explicitly pick how far up to go. :D
cyraxote

ooooooohhhhhhhhh

Post by cyraxote »

Now it makes sense. I guess that's in the manual. :)

Is it really a time saver? I mean, if one is accustomed to double-clicking blindly on the bar to change folders, without really paying attention to where one is clicking, having to look at the bar and click in the right spot could be a big slowdown.

Guess I'll have to fool with it.

I vote for making it a feature that can be turned on or off! :)

Thanks all.
fgagnon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fgagnon »

If you don't want to be bothered by looking where you click, there's always the backspace key (as narayan reminded us) -- and that's the same in 2x & x2 - in case you're an old dog not up to learning new tricks ;) ... and you don't have to take your fingers off the keyboard to touch the mouse, much less be bothered by the need to point it :shock:
devic

Post by devic »

I mean, if one is accustomed to double-clicking blindly on the bar to change folders, without really paying attention to where one is clicking
cyraxote, the same problem i describe here:http://forum.zabkat.com/viewtopic.php?t=1968

NIKO DON'T CHANGE 2xEXPLORERS MINDS! :)