keystroke macros?

Discussion & Support for xplorer² professional

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

actuary77

keystroke macros?

Post by actuary77 »

I am able to successfully create user command to execute external command, however I do not see how to map xplorer keystrokes to an available key combination.

Q.1  I would like to map menu commands [view].[Pane Style]....... to a single  keystroke or a two keystroke combination.  Is this possible or is there an existing combo that does this.   e.g. C-d  maps to View.pane style.detail...etc.

Q.2  Are keystoke macros available?  I do not see them mentioned in documentation.

Thanks,....
________
MOTORCYCLE TIRES
Last edited by actuary77 on 2011 Feb 18, 21:28, edited 1 time in total.
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

x2 doesn't support macros
you'll have to use an external program to "macro" x2 commands
there are a few free ones available
goggin

Post by goggin »

I use a program called Macro Express for such things <http://www.macros.com/> . It's *not* free (I think it's around $40), but a real bargain IMO for all the features. If you're a heavy macro user, you'll love this program. I use it so often that it's one of the first things I install on a new computer (after xplorer2, of course!). I use it to type in often used text, like addresses, phone numbers, sig lines, etc.....and to start many, many programs with a short phrase or hotkey; etc., etc.

I use it in xplorer2 to switch between List View and Detail View...my two favorite view modes. I have F11 and F12 programmed to switch between these two views for any one individual pane while leaving the other xplorer2 pane unchanged. I find it very handy for such things...it allows me to customize all my programs to run on hotkeys...even those not designed with that in mind the way xplorer2 is.

As Nikos mentioned, there are some free ones out there, too, but I wanted to point out that they can be very big productivity boosters, not just in xplorer, but in many routine actions. Well worth looking into and deveoping a personal repetoir of macros, IMO.

Later...
--
dg
actuary77

Post by actuary77 »

I really do not need full blown macos, just the ability to remap keys, or rearrange mappings to make the consistent the other tools I use.  

The last thing I need is another set of keystrokes to remember.  I hate da mouse so I life by A-spacebar........
________
HALFBAKED
Last edited by actuary77 on 2011 Feb 18, 21:30, edited 1 time in total.
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

most commands in x2 are not re-mappable
you'd have to use a resource editor like resource hacker to change them
actuary77

Post by actuary77 »

resource hacker looks awful promising.  Thanks for tip....
________
CHEVROLET BUSES