Copy/Move/Delete Confirms & other comments/suggestions

Discussion & Support for xplorer² professional

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

patlange

Copy/Move/Delete Confirms & other comments/suggestions

Post by patlange »

I've come to xplorer2 professional from Filequest (by Piquest). Filequest has some very powerful and attractive features, but some equally powerful and unattractive bugs and has not been upgraded in over a year, so I reluctantly gave up on it.

Among the features I miss in xplorer2 is the ability to alter whether copy or move is the default operation and whether there are confirmations required for copy, move or delete. The user can make the options different for files vs. folders. Can any of this be done in xplorer2 and I've just missed it?

Another feature I've missed I've seen mentioned elsewhere in this forum: If a filter is placed on a pane, the color of the background changes (I think you can specify what color). This makes it very difficult to confuse a filtered pane from an unfiltered one.
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

x2 like explorer defaults to move or copy depending on the location of source/target

if you want to be in control, use F5 or F6 to specify copy/move respectively. This will also enable fine control of confirmations
(this is a new feature in the beta just out, see the website)
goggin

Re: Copy/Move/Delete Confirms & other comments/suggestio

Post by goggin »

patlange wrote:I've come to xplorer2 professional from Filequest (by Piquest).
Hey, patlange, I'm an old PiQuest user, too! I'd actually used 2xExplorer before moving to Piquest for it's multiple folder interface which is something I really need. I typically have to bounce between 4 different folders as I do my work, so having all that in one easy to locate parent window is a big help to me.

I'm coming back the the 2xExplorer/xplorer2 family for the same reasons you did, the remaining unresolved FileQuest bugs and apparent lack of ongoing development that might ever fix those bugs has prompted the move.

Like you, I really miss the colored background for filtered folders...that's the single most frequent problem I have with xplorer2. The multiple folder interface requirement that drove me to FileQuest in the first place is now resolved by xplorer2 offering either multiple windows running efficiently from a common thread or the new tabbed interface. Two great options!

If Nikos can find the time to add colored backgrounds for filtered folders...my life long quest for the perfect file explorer will be over...all my dreams will be fulfilled, I'll be in bliss forever! :-) Well, you get the idea, I'm sure :wink:
Brad

Post by Brad »

I'll add my vote to the request for a different background color on filtered panes. I have been bit by this (forgetting a filter was on) when running with horizontal pane alignment when working in the top pane because the filtered indicator is not nearby. The color would be a very obvious reminder that a filter is active.