Flatten scrap pane contents

Discussion & Support for xplorer² professional

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

Rhino

Flatten scrap pane contents

Post by Rhino »

Hi,

I have a scrap pane that contains a lot of folders and I want to flatten it so I can exclude files and subdirectories but I can't seem to do it.

Is it possible?

If not can anyone recommend a way to achieve what I want?
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

as things stand, once in a scrap window you can't flatten more than one folder at a time. A workaround is to turn on the dual pane mode in that scrap window (Ctrl+O), press alt+enter on each folder to flatten it to the inactive pane, then drag-drop the contents in another scrap window

another possibility would be to grab all folder names with Alt+C, use some editor to convert them to a comma-separated list, then do a mock search command for all files in these folders, pasting all the comma-separated list to the Look in field. With no other rules or criteria everything will be matched. This seems to be easier!
Rhino

Post by Rhino »

Since I am going to be doing this a lot I think the easiest solution would be for me to write an app that takes your CIDA file, flattens it and write out another CIDA file.

Does your CIDA file contain anything "funny" compared to the standard CIDA structure (e.g. I see a 4 byte CIDA string at the beginning)?
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

no, it is just a cida like those used in drag-drop
but how are you planning to flatten it yourself?
Rhino

Post by Rhino »

As an idea I was thinking of SHGetPathFromIDList / FindFirstFile / FindNextFile and then convert the files qualified back to a PIDL list.
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

ok, i see that you are no plain user :)
you could be able to do it with DragQueryFile but i don't know how it'll behave with multi-folder selections