Discussion & Support for xplorer² professional

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

pila
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

feature req: bookmarks as copy/move targets

Post by pila »

As the title suggests:

I would like a field offering my bookmarks to be available in a Copy/move dialog box, in addition to the existing 3 fields.

An improvement is needed: when I select history in the Move/copy dialog box, I can not read entire folders.
narayan
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by narayan »

Nice idea!

However, keep in mind that not all bookmarks would be accessible: x2 uses indirect bookmarking method if you need more than 10 bookmarks. (In the indirect bookmarking method, a folder is bookmarked which in turn contains the real bookmarks.) These indirect bookmarks cannot be reached using the pull-down menu of F5/F6.

On the other hand, frequently used target folders can be saved as a folder group. (You can define several folder groups, each serving a different purpose. For example, your professional subjects could form one group, and our hiobbies could form another.) Then, when you want to re-organize your collection, just load the desired folder group and then use F5/F6. For this, you will not need the new feature you suggested.
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

how's that: if you want some special folder added in the copy history list, you just type it (paste it) once and then it will be remembered (easily accessible by the up-arrow "autocompletion" in x2 combo boxes)