Cannot leave FTP address!!!! 1.1.0.90

Discussion & Support for xplorer² professional

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

WimdeLange
Gold Member
Gold Member

Cannot leave FTP address!!!! 1.1.0.90

Post by WimdeLange »

Very strange problem with 1.1.0.90. I was trying to go to a FTP address. So I typed ftp://ftp.mywebsite.nl (test example). What happend, is that the system asks for a username and password. Very nice, but I didn't know a correct one. Choose cancel.  Empty pane

So I go to the addressbar, and typed C:\. To my surprise xplorer2 asked again the username and password, choose cancel, and the addressbar changed to ftp://ftp.mywebsite.nl/c:/  

It is impossible to go to a local drive! Also typeing an address like \\network\drive did not work, or using the addressbar history.

Closing xplorer2 does not work either, because when I start it, it uses this problem address.

Luckily (for me) there are multiple workarounds:
- start xplorer2 as follows: xplorere2 c:\ c:\ /T
- if you have multiple tabs, close the tab that is causing the problem
- if there is only one tab, go to the other pane, use Ctrl-Alt-Ins and do the previous workaround.

But it would be nicer, if it works in another way.
Groetjes,
  Wim de Lange
rulle

Post by rulle »

This bug has been there with all ftp-enabled versions, it is not new.
I find the easiest way to escape an unresolved ftp address is to go to "My Computer". Other folders are simply appended to the ftp address, as you have already explained.
JRz
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by JRz »

This has been discussed before and there is no easy way out. This is what Nikos said about it:
nikos wrote:there's no solution to this problem
if you get stuck in ftp for any reason, even properly working, it tries to resolve all string paths passed to it (silly design)

the only workaround is to hit ctrl+backspace to get up to the desktop and try again
Dumb questions are the ones that are never asked :turn: