Discussion & Support for xplorer² professional

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

pila
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

two tiny bugs to be fixed in v1.3

Post by pila »

Hi,

Two tiny bugs keep surviving new versions :)

1. Ehen a file is selected, then Apps menu (local, not main menu) is called, then Send selected, then some destination, at the end of any such copy procedure, x2 complains: The destination can not handle these files (approximatelly, I do not use English Windows).

2. When several files are selected and then enter pressed, only the first one gets sent to the application. E.g: try selecting 4 MP3 songs and press Enter. Instead of all 4 songs ending up in WinAmp, only one gets loaded, the rest is lost. Or: select 4 *.txt files and press Enter. Instead of opening Notepad 4 times, each with one of the files, only one file is opened.

Regular Windows Explorer does not have any of these two problems. If it matters, I have XP SP2 and x2 v1.2.

Regards,

Davor
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

#1 is a windows bug (try any standard File | Open dialog)
#2 is a design decision: either right-click+pick open or drag-drop to the target application window (if running)
pila
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by pila »

#1 does not appear in Windows Explorer, so it does not seem to be Windows bug since it appears only in x2

#2 answer would be acceptable if I were an amateur using the mouse. I work fast, and that can be done only using the keyboard for most actions. Also, this problem does not appear in Windows Explorer.