1.3.0.1 crashing

Discussion & Support for xplorer² professional

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

dave31175

1.3.0.1 crashing

Post by dave31175 »

Since I installed 1.3.0.1 less than an hour ago, it has crashed at least 8 times. Is the 1.2.0.1 installer still available for download anywhere? To revert, would I have to completely uninstall and then do a clean install?
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

dave
i would appreciate if you'd help me sort this out
what is happening and have you found a pattern to these crashes?
is it quickviewer related?
thanks
dave31175

Post by dave31175 »

I've reinstalled 1.3.0.1 after having reverted. I am testing now and will keep you posted. I appreciate your response!
dave31175

Post by dave31175 »

Maybe a reinstall is all that was necessary... I haven't had a single crash since reinstalling. I wonder if something went flaky with my initial install that was repaired with the reinstall? I'll let you know if I do encounter any problems.
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

could you send me the dr watson log for these crashes nevertheless?
thanks
r122

Xplorer2 Crashes

Post by r122 »

I installed the new version last weekend but today is the 1st chance I have had to use it much.  It repeatedly crashes on me when reviewing files in my Temporary Internet Files folder.  All it takes is browsing through the files whether I sort or do anything like that.  Also each time I open the program, the dialog box about installing various filters comes up, whether I have checked the box to do that or not.  I did install several of the filters right after installation.
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

to get rid of the starting dialog, make sure you check the box and then press ok

what's happening in these crashes? is it quickviewer related? do you have the latest version?
r122

Post by r122 »

nikos wrote:to get rid of the starting dialog, make sure you check the box and then press ok

what's happening in these crashes? is it quickviewer related? do you have the latest version?
Yes, I have checked the box and then pressed enter many times with the same result.  When the program crashes, all I see is the standard Windows dialog box letting you know the program has to close and please send Microsoft information about the problem.  Fortunately it does not lock up the computer or anything like that.  I have not conducted another install and it is version 1.3.0.1 [Unicode].  Since I have 2 problems, even with the starting dialog box being only a nuisance, I will install it again today and see if that helps.
Gandolf
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Gandolf »

1.3.0.2 is the latest version, it might be worth trying that. It's on the normal link - http://zabkat.com/alldown.htm
r122

Post by r122 »

Gandolf wrote:1.3.0.2 is the latest version, it might be worth trying that. It's on the normal link - http://zabkat.com/alldown.htm
I tried it and it got rid of the initial dialog box problem apparently, but it still crashes when browsing the temporary internet file folder,which presently contains nearly 1500 files.  Funny thing, the error report which is requested to be sent to Microsoft reports this new version as 1.3.0.3.  I did not reboot after installing it, so I am going to do that now.
fgagnon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fgagnon »

r122,
I have no problem browsing the Temporary Internet Files directories, in either standard views or Raw contents viewing on XPsp2, either with Quick view pane closed, or open to draft tab or normal tab in v.1302-1303.  

Not having seen any other reports of the problem, I wonder if there is something specific in your setup which results in the problem.  

What is your OS?
and can you describe in detail the settings you use?
and whether there are specific items which trigger the crash when browsing in that special Temporary Internet Files archive.  etc...
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

to figure out this bug i'd need a dr watson crash log
you'll find it in this folder:
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\DrWatson
r122

Post by r122 »

fgagnon wrote:r122,
I have no problem browsing the Temporary Internet Files directories, in either standard views or Raw contents viewing on XPsp2, either with Quick view pane closed, or open to draft tab or normal tab in v.1302-1303.  

Not having seen any other reports of the problem, I wonder if there is something specific in your setup which results in the problem.  

What is your OS?
and can you describe in detail the settings you use?
and whether there are specific items which trigger the crash when browsing in that special Temporary Internet Files archive.  etc...
I am running Windows XP Professional on an Athlon 64 3000+ with SATA drives in stripe array, nvidia controller and 1 GB ram.  No specific actions other than manipulating data, such as sorting or just moving up and down through the listing.  I have not tried it with the view pane open, only closed.  I do have 3 panes open, have not tried it with only 2.

I am not experiencing any other problems on my system.  I also had not done this particular bit of browsing before I installed the new version.  This was not designed to be a test, I was just looking for a shock wave file that I had just viewed on a web site.
r122

Post by r122 »

nikos wrote:to figure out this bug i'd need a dr watson crash log
you'll find it in this folder:
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\DrWatson
I do not have a documents folder where indicated above, but I do have a Shared Documents folder, which does not have a Dr. Watson crash log.  I did a google desktop search for Dr. Watson and came up with nothing as well.
profess
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by profess »

maybe just search for watson