hi, Nikos.... adding on

Discussion & Support for xplorer² professional

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

whomung

hi, Nikos.... adding on

Post by whomung »

I'm going to add on to the request, if I can.......

Besides being able to*always* open in two panes, it would be nice if each of those pains had a set of default tabs that (1) were consistant; (2) could be changed and "remembered"if desired or --if left alone-- would default back --for some reason, I have yet to get the

Then, every time I opened X2, I'd have almost all my most common "root" folders in front of me, every time...  And I use bookmarks, etc.

It's a great product, BTW...  Just would like to be able to do these things with it if I could. Or have "layouts" open into existing windows, or new tabs, not entirely new windows hiding behind the existing open one.
--
whomung
WimdeLange
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by WimdeLange »

Did you read the manual? Correct me if I'm wrong, but that what you asked is already possible.
Groetjes,
  Wim de Lange
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

as in the other post, setup x2 as you want it and use  "save settings now". You can keep "save settings on exit" unchecked to make sure in subsequent runs it will come up exactly the same

btw, even with "save settings on exit" off you do get all your newly added bookmarks, commands etc remembered. The  only thing that freezes is the window layout (including toolbars)
whomung

Post by whomung »

WimdeLange wrote:Did you read the manual? Correct me if I'm wrong, but that what you asked is already possible.
I THOUGHT I  did... but that doesn't mean I missed (or grasped) that point.... I'm going back in and look again... if you guys say it's there... and I can do it... I probably just missed the curve......

thanks
--
whomung