FEATURE REQUEST! Opera style - LMB+RMB=forward, RMB+LMB=back

Discussion & Support for xplorer² professional

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

xplorernewb

FEATURE REQUEST! Opera style - LMB+RMB=forward, RMB+LMB=back

Post by xplorernewb »

Hi, congrats on making this great program! I have a request for you. I think it would be great to have back/forward navigation like opera using just the left and right mouse buttons. Its one onf my favourite features in Opera.

If you haven't used Opera you simply hold the left mouse button and click the right mouse button to go forward and hold the right mouse button and click the left mouse button to go back. I know there are many ways to go to the parent folder already, but there isn't really an easy way to go forward using just the mouse.

The current ways to go to the parent folder are easy enough, but to keep it consistent with this new forward navigation it would be best to to have both LMB+RMB=forward, RMB+LMB=back.

What do you think?
Dhamu

Post by Dhamu »

Going to the parent folder isn't the same thing as going forward or back in history.  In Opera LB+RB and RB+LB do the same as Alt+LeftArrow and Alt-RightArrow, and logically should in xplorer², too, since those keys also work there.
xplorernewb

Post by xplorernewb »

That's true. It should just go back and forward in history then like you say, and not go back to the parent folder.
profess
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by profess »

My 2 pence...

I use Opera and love the little features which make browsing faster, like using the mouse for back / forward and paste and go (I asked for Paste and Go in xplorer2, to paste a path into the address bar, and then take you to the folder, (search for it), but didn't get it.  I'm not sure if the requested feature is hard to implement for Nikos.

Not to get away from the point that you want Nikos to implement the feature (I wouldn't complain!), however, I know you can get mice which have a back button on, for web browsing etc.  I'm not sure if these work with xplorer2 but they may do.

Can anyone confirm if these mice can be used to go back / forward in xplorer2?

Regards,

Osei.
narayan
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by narayan »

Speaking of browsers, the Mozilla+multizilla has a labor-saving mechanism: hover the mouse on a tab to switch to it.

However, x2 allows tab-switching only during a drag-n-drop operation. The tab should switch even when we are not drag-n-dropping anything. This will make browsing easier for mouse-users.
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

yes, and then you forget your mouse hanging on a tab and you can't get away from it...

wrt mice i know that those that are m$ explorer like, they have back-forward buttons and i've heard they can be used to go back-forward, although i have no personal experience
narayan
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by narayan »

:) Seriously, I never had that problem with Mozilla. So it's safe, I tell you!

At least provide that as a user-selectable option!