Some requests

Discussion & Support for xplorer² professional

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

Flux

Some requests

Post by Flux »

I read that in the new beta alt+enter will bring up the property panel: good.
Could you activate the alt-double click too?

Doing some reordering, I had to change a lot of filenames (singularily!) and extensions.
Each time I change an extension I get the boring dialog box asking me: "are you sure?". Is it possible to add the option to disable it?

Sometimes it happens to me that I select some files for moving then I rethink and decide not to move them so I drop them back in the original place.
xplorer then gives me the warning thay he can not move the files because taget and source are the same.
I think the think is harmless. Why not to add an option to disable this too?

Cheers
profess
Silver Member
Silver Member

Options...

Post by profess »

Hi,

I don't think it was possible for Nikos to 'switch off' the actions of Explorer, like when it says "source and destination are the same".  

Nikos did add a registry option to disable dragging with the left-mouse button by mistake.  But maybe that's not what you're looking for.
Flux

But...

Post by Flux »

Hi

[quote]I don't think it was possible for Nikos to 'switch off' the actions of Explorer, like when it says "source and destination are the same".[/quote]

Well, I'm almost sure of the opposite because exploder... ehm, explorer, behaves that way and I think it's good.

Cheers
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

the F2 warning cannot be disabled but you can go  around it using <ctrl+F2> or mass renaming

to cancel a left drag without the warnings, use right button or ESCape
Flux

Post by Flux »

nikos wrote:the F2 warning cannot be disabled but you can go  around it using <ctrl+F2> or mass renaming
Good workaround. Thanks.
nikos wrote:to cancel a left drag without the warnings, use right button or ESCape
Yes, I knew, but why not to make it "automatic"?
Explorer behaves that way and I think it shold be relatively easy to implement. No odd registry tweaking needed. When you get a drag and drop simply check if it's a move and, if the source and target path are the same, ignore it.
Right?