xplorer² Name Infringement

Discussion & Support for xplorer² professional

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

i haven't heard of this before but let me tell you what i think of it immediately: it's $#!+   :x

it's managed to frustrate me immediately installing tons of dlls in the system path, requiring a shutdown which btw couldn't happen because my system got locked up, and in the end failed to start!

thank god the uninstaller worked...
zukethenuke

Post by zukethenuke »

sorry dude for the bum recomendation.  I only used it a long time ago.  I remember liking it back then.  peace
Rrrright....
jgutierrez

Sprintbit File Manager

Post by jgutierrez »

I have never heard about Sprintbit File Manager, but it looks fine, so I installed it.

The look&feel is quite neat, but is is very slow. Also the DLL Nikos says, are probably because of needed ActiveX components for the Visual Basic code.
________
LINCOLN AVIATOR HISTORY
Last edited by jgutierrez on 2011 Feb 16, 01:34, edited 1 time in total.
jgutierrez

Post by jgutierrez »

The new SpeedCommander 11 (http://www.speedproject.de), is another alternative with Office 2003 Look&Feel.
It seems fast, and quite stable.
________
MICHIGAN MEDICAL MARIJUANA DISPENSARIES
Last edited by jgutierrez on 2011 Feb 16, 01:34, edited 1 time in total.
Demetris
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Demetris »

jgutierrez wrote:The new SpeedCommander 11
I played with v. 10 for a few minutes some time ago, and was impressed. This seems to be a solidly built program. And it has something I miss sorely in x², support for all common archive types: 7z, rar, zip, and much more.

From the makers of SpeedCommander comes also Squeez, which seems to be the only archiver on the planet capable of making both 7z and rar archives. Its little freeware brother, ZipStar, is also a very good program, but only supports three archive types: cab, sqx, and zip.
JeRrYFaR

Post by JeRrYFaR »

For me personally, I'll stick to xplorer2.. nikos is always updating it, and I'm sure if he feels it's needed, some of these other features will be included in future versions.. :)

jgutierrez:

You make a great program and if you ever follow fileforum (betanews) then you'll see your program has been getting really high marks..
chas

Post by chas »

WTH, LOL

i hope to god explorer2 doesnt sport the office2003 interface. Its ugly and disjointed.....

totalcommander has a dated interface...the only 2 filemanagers i would consider from an "AMIGA" background is explorer2 and dopus.....

explorer2 wins out coz u can click path to change directories...You might try different color schemes, but it dont worry me

good work
neko
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by neko »

chas wrote: i hope to god explorer2 doesnt sport the office2003 interface. Its ugly and disjointed.....
Well, that's is your opinion :wink:  There might be lots of people who like it.

So maybe we could have skinnable Xplorer2? But I think I can use Xplorer2 with current look as well.