Always show TABS!

Discussion & Support for xplorer² professional

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

TsunamiZ
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TsunamiZ »

They're not just my needs.  I think it's a very practical idea that everyone would use.  And some have already agreed to this idea.  Since when did my feedbacks to x2 have no value?  :roll:
TsunamiZ
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TsunamiZ »

Would give Nikos a rest for sure.
If case you forget, Nikos makes money off this program.  :roll:
JRz
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by JRz »

Your reluctance to answer my question leads me to the conclusion you didn't ask Bill :)
Dumb questions are the ones that are never asked :turn:
TsunamiZ
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TsunamiZ »

JRz wrote:Your reluctance to answer my question leads me to the conclusion you didn't ask Bill :)
I think nikos could use the money more than Bill.  But c'mon, can't you come up with more intelligent comments than these?   :roll:
pj
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by pj »

Talking about one handed approach - Have your tried double clicking in the empty tab area ?
Darn -- you just took away my one idea for an enhancement!  Was looking for a way to climb back UP the tree from the tab, e.g. go to the My Computer listing of drives when at the C:\ folder.  Double-clicking works like a champ!

BTW - get a headset for the phone - two handed PC operation and yakking, too! Who could ask for more!

pj

--------------------------
If I could think up a good quote, it would go here.
TsunamiZ
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TsunamiZ »

Also:

Having a stabilized tab bar will also help indicate the active pane by showing the active tab color [particuarily XP style tabs of course].  I know background color is changable, but some users would much prefer viewing the active tab--and it's good habit in multi-tab environments.  Some may also prefer a white background to contrast the text and icons--which is when tab color indication is the only way to view active pane.

Really, all these little GUI enchancements add up and can help a lot in helping users work more efficiently.  :wink:
TsunamiZ
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TsunamiZ »

Check out the XP style tab visibility difference.  There is also no need for bold text in XP style tabs [even saving text space].  Note how the current gray tabs lack contrast against the GUI.

Last edited by TsunamiZ on 2006 Feb 09, 10:48, edited 1 time in total.
TsunamiZ
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TsunamiZ »

Speaking of tabs: x2 may want to show them in the promo screenshots to make it obvious that it's a feature.  :wink:
Thracx
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Thracx »

I'd love to have an option to show the TabBar even with there's only 1 tab.  It sounds like it's already on Nikos list, but as always, I wanted to cast my vote to!  And I'm amazed that I haven't posted in this thread yet..
-Thracx

"Man wants to know, and when he ceases to do so, he is no longer a man."
-Fridtjof Nansen
TsunamiZ
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TsunamiZ »

Thracx wrote:I'd love to have an option to show the TabBar even with there's only 1 tab.  It sounds like it's already on Nikos list, but as always, I wanted to cast my vote to!  And I'm amazed that I haven't posted in this thread yet..
Also eliminates the need for the "tab" toolbar button.  :idea:
TsunamiZ
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TsunamiZ »

any progress on this?
Thracx
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Thracx »

TsunamiZ wrote:any progress on this?
Unfortunately, I don't think there has been any progress on this (other than it possibly moving up on the request list as other requests get hammered out).
-Thracx

"Man wants to know, and when he ceases to do so, he is no longer a man."
-Fridtjof Nansen
TsunamiZ
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TsunamiZ »

how about next version??
TsunamiZ
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TsunamiZ »