DPI bug, question about tab names

Discussion & Support for xplorer² professional

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

johnallengreen

Post by johnallengreen »

Interesting. 120 DPI works fine for me too. That's a good question, I wonder if there would be any higher DPI settings that would be OK, or if 120 is just the top end that works with everything.
johnallengreen

Post by johnallengreen »

Wow! 150% (144 DPI) works fine! I had no idea - this really catches me by surprise. That's really strange that 120 DPI works, 144 DPI works, but 139 DPI doesn't. I'd sure like to know why. This is a great thing to know, and I'll leave it at 144 DPI.
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

i managed to reproduce the problem for 139DPI and now hopefully will be fixed across the board!
johnallengreen

Post by johnallengreen »

After a week or so of evaluation, I'm convinced. I've completely switched to xplorer2 (from a combination of other products). Lite was doing a great job for me, but I've purchased and upgraded to Pro.

Now that I've done lots of sucking up  :D  is there a repository of requests anywhere? I'd like to make sure that my question about "@ C:\" has made it into the requests list. It would be nice to make the dynamic window and tab titles configurable (show full path, show last N folders in path, etc), or at the very least, be able to turn off "@ C:\".

Cheers!
fgagnon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fgagnon »

The request repository is basically everything posted here on the board.
:shock:   (so your request is already "registered"  ;) )

Nikos takes note of it all and suggestions that appear to him to be the most useful (user-productivity-wise) are put on his private list**.  

How soon any idea gets implemented depends a lot on
1. how well multiple users state an objective case for benefit,
2. whether there is a straightforward way to implement an idea,
3. priorities between nikos' day job, bug-fixes, and having a life.

Things that take lots of development won't show up for many moons;
(and I have seen simple things show up within days even if not especially "important" -- but that was during "beta-season"  ;) )  

We users participate with feedback, gripes and user-to-user support. :)

-----

PS: ** Narayan also keeps a list compiled from board suggestions which he uses to nag nikos with on the side.
narayan
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by narayan »

But don't nag me for that list! :) That's for private use only...