Limited Folder Depth in TreeView???

Discussion & Support for xplorer² professional

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

pj
Gold Member
Gold Member

Limited Folder Depth in TreeView???

Post by pj »

My apologies if this has been discussed previously, but I'm puzzled by behavior I'm seeing while traversing the tree pane.

In Tree pane, I see this folder with no (+) beside it indicating there are no subfolders present (partially sanitized names):
C:\Documents and Settings\j--------\My Documents\zz Old C_Drive\s-----\Local Settings
However, in the listing pane, there is a folder listed (Application Data), and that folder has other folders to a considerable depth as shown in this example:
C:\Documents and Settings\j-------\My Documents\zz Old C_Drive\s-----\Local Settings\Application Data\Adobe\Acrobat\6.0\Cache\Search
None of this shows up in the tree pane.

There are other folders that don't show up at all, but if I take the address from Windows Explorer and paste into the address field, the folder shows up in the active pane.  I'm going to have to go back and do some research to find the folder again.  I saw this last week while traveling.

What am I missing or what limitations have I "discovered" ?

BTW, I really do like x2! I wouldn't find all these little "bits" unless I was using it so much.   :D
snakebyte
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by snakebyte »

The files you are not able to see are hidden system files.

What settings have you selected for following ?
1) Xplorer2 - Tools->Options->Show Hidden Files and Folder
2) Windows Explorer - Tools->Folder Option->View->Hidden Files & Folder
3) Windows Explorer - Tools->Folder Option->View->Hide protected operating system files.
Help! I'm an AI running around in someone's universe simulator.
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

i think the tree has this bug with hidden folders regardless of the settings. In w2000 explorer had the same problem too but they've patched it for XP. Basically a bug with windows shell API but not important
pj
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by pj »

snakebyte wrote:The files you are not able to see are hidden system files.

What settings have you selected for following ?
1) Xplorer2 - Tools->Options->Show Hidden Files and Folder [CHECKED]
2) Windows Explorer - Tools->Folder Option->View->Hidden Files & Folder [CHECKED]
3) Windows Explorer - Tools->Folder Option->View->Hide protected operating system files. [CLEARED]
Nikos,

I'm running XP Pro 2002 SP2.  Win Explorer has same problem, er.. "feeture".  Does that mean the "patch" for XP didn't work, or do I need a Windows update installed to add the patch?

Now that I'm aware of it, I'll look [:shock:] at the folder pane instead of just relying on the [+] in the tree pane.

Thanks for the replies!

PJ from Fla
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

i remember i'd tested this on a vanilla XP system (no SPs) and it seemed fixed, so they're going backwards :)