A word of thanks

Discussion & Support for xplorer² professional

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

JamieG

A word of thanks

Post by JamieG »

Snakebyte's kind help setting up MenuHack.exe me leads me to share a few thoughts that I've been mulling over for awhile.

Firstly, x2 is, as we all know, an excellent program.  Working on a Windows machine without it is sheer, frustrating drudgery.  I sometimes wish that the Microsoft people would wise-up, buy the software & the rights (thereby setting up Nikos on a huge yacht enjoying early, sun-drenched retirement surrounded by a bevy of nymphs feeding him grapes).  That way everybody would benefit.  Except that the MS people would screw it up somehow, probably sticking in a browser and a database module and removing the dual panes 'cause they were too hard to use :wink:

Second, fillips like Snakebyte's menu-trigger program (MenuHack.exe) are icing on the cake.  Along with Narayan's user manual (the most remarkable piece of user-contributed documentation I've ever come across), they give x2 a breadth of quality that no single developer could ever achieve alone.

Lastly, these forums are a true public service.  They tie everything together... the developer and his public, the program features and their use, providing both feedback & chit-chat which benefits everybody.  Moreover, the people who participate here are really nice.  Good folks who are willing to give a bit of their time to help out other people (and of course who get a better program out of it at the end:).  FGagnon gets three cheers and then one more for the courtesy, the competence and the friendly evenhandedness which he has brought to this forum.

Bravo.

Also (& I've been waiting for a moment when I wasn't asking Nikos to do something before mentioning this), I decided last Christmas before leaving for holidays to put a copy of xplorer2 on my portable.  I checked the license & found that I could install the same copy.  After thinking about it for a moment, I decided that I ought to do something for Nikos so I purchased a second one instead.  Stereo licenses!  So if you can't buy the yacht, Nikos, you can buy a few extra pints at the pub.

Best to all, Jamie
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

either a yacht or a recent lamborghini would do the trick, ta! ;)
:beer:

remember these forums are a democratic thing for the people and from the people, so if you can please return the favor by helping out some other people whenever you can!
yamo

A pleasure...

Post by yamo »

When you find a really useful piece of software... nothing is going to satisfy everyone but having somebody/someplace to discuss the issues is great.

I don't want to change the thread so I won't mention names, but there are other commendable, very reasonably priced software utilties out there that deserve similar kudo's.

Like you said, too bad M$ doesn't get it. But in the meantime, if you can afford it, buy Nikos a beer (I mean a license!-).

Cheers!