Strange: filter works on all files in a dir, except one

Discussion & Support for xplorer² professional

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

negg

Strange: filter works on all files in a dir, except one

Post by negg »

Hi! This problem is so strange I did not even know what to search this forum for, so if there's a thread please point me to.

I have set up a filter for a robust copy. It says *.* with an additional rule "NOT Name = .svn" and it works for all files inside an .svn folder, except for the "README.txt"! Here's the log that shows that all other files have been correctly filtered:

Code: Select all

FILTER DETAILS
Matching items: Folders, Files
Name wildcard: *.*
[NOT] Name contains ".svn"
	[Copy \\Dev\html\.svn >>> C:\temp\New Folder\.svn]
\\Dev\html\.svn\text-base\w3.01.01.html.svn-base	[FILTERED]
\\Dev\html\.svn\text-base\loginTest.html.svn-base	[FILTERED]
\\Dev\html\.svn\text-base\w3.html.svn-base	[FILTERED]
\\Dev\html\.svn\prop-base\w3.01.01.html.svn-base	[FILTERED]
\\Dev\html\.svn\prop-base\loginTest.html.svn-base	[FILTERED]
\\Dev\html\.svn\prop-base\w3.html.svn-base	[FILTERED]
\\Dev\html\.svn\props\w3.01.01.html.svn-work	[FILTERED]
\\Dev\html\.svn\props\loginTest.html.svn-work	[FILTERED]
\\Dev\html\.svn\props\w3.html.svn-work	[FILTERED]
\\Dev\html\.svn\entries	[FILTERED]
\\Dev\html\.svn\empty-file	[FILTERED]
\\Dev\html\.svn\format	[FILTERED]
But still I have .svn  folders copied that have nothing but the README.txt in them.

Its not very important, but a bit annoying...anybody got an idea what to do?

Thanks,
Martin
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

if you filter just on "name" then readme.txt clearly passes through "not .svn". But if you filter the same rule on "path" or "full name" column then it should work as you wish

btw *.* will not copy files without extension, be warned! Use "*" instead for all files
negg

Post by negg »

nikos wrote:if you filter just on "name" then readme.txt clearly passes through "not .svn". But if you filter the same rule on "path" or "full name" column then it should work as you wish
That was of course exactly what I wanted to do...did not know I can set the path or full name to be taken into account. Well, one day I'll get used to assuming that in x² anything is possible ;-)
nikos wrote:btw *.* will not copy files without extension, be warned! Use "*" instead for all files
Is that the reason why "\\Dev\html\.svn\entries" was filtered? Because that is what I was irritated by, I thought it is the folder .svn that would cause the filtering...thanks for making that clear!