More use for right-click on path in pane header

Discussion & Support for xplorer² professional

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

wasker
Gold Member
Gold Member

More use for right-click on path in pane header

Post by wasker »

I noticed that I almost never use this right-click history in pane header. On the other hand, I need to commit to SVN repository very often. To do that, I need to go to folder up level and right click folder name there to get Explorer's menu. So, why not to make it possible to access right-click Explorer menu when clicking the pane header? We have Ctrl and Shift combinations not used for this click, BTW...
I'm using Xplorer2 - the only file manager that does not suck. Actually, it rocks!
Brad

Post by Brad »

I had another suggestion for the right-click history pane, as I also find it not that useful. The biggest problem I have is that it fills up with non-interesting directories as I browse to my target directory. It would be more useful if it used a smart algorithm to include/exclude directories from the list.

For example, perhaps it could only add directories which were the active directory for more than say 3 seconds, or for which a file was selected or acted upon. This way the user could browse to a folder and only the final directory would end up in the history.

With a good algorithm, all 10 items in the history would be of interest to the user.

Just another idea....
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

what i do to get to the folder background context menu when i can't find any white space to right click on is first make sure nothing is selected (eg Alt+A) and then press the context menu key (or Alt+F10)
wasker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wasker »

Oops. I completely forgot about this feature. :oops:
I'm using Xplorer2 - the only file manager that does not suck. Actually, it rocks!