alpha version 1.7

Discussion & Support for xplorer² professional

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

you people just begin to realize why i didn't want to add keyboard customization in the first place. I've come up with a simple quick and dirty way to offer all menu commands, using the menus themselves. Otherwise we would be talking the tedium of adding 250+ command names, and multiply that x15 for the translations
If I open the customize dialog, the buttons (asign, remove and reset all) do at first not show their respective hotkeys
that's because of your windows settings, nothing to do with x2... your menus will also not show their shortcuts
trying to export the assignment list, is really not comfortable.
try the context menu, it has both select all and copy commands

sadly i don't have the same manpower as the visual studio guys but i'm sure in time you'll realize that the current situation, albeit imperfect, is quite workable. Keyboard customization isn't something you'll be doing everyday, surely!
Cosmo
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Cosmo »

nikos wrote:
If I open the customize dialog, the buttons (asign, remove and reset all) do at first not show their respective hotkeys
that's because of your windows settings, nothing to do with x2... your menus will also not show their shortcuts
trying to export the assignment list, is really not comfortable.
try the context menu, it has both select all and copy commands
Yep, you are right (twice).
nikos wrote:sadly i don't have the same manpower as the visual studio guys but i'm sure in time you'll realize that the current situation, albeit imperfect, is quite workable. Keyboard customization isn't something you'll be doing everyday, surely!
I understand your point. But please, change at least the space, I had mentioned at the end of my last post, with a tab and the single tab in the upper part of the list with two tabs. I think, this should be the easiest thing to do.
MegaZapFan
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by MegaZapFan »

nikos wrote:damn monitors  :x

to see the current keyboard assignments (which will help you track down any key used) use Customize | Keyboard use
Nikos, the code snippet I posted in the other thread doesn't care about metrics.  Just use SetWindowPos and the x,y,cx, and cy are taken care of for you.  No fuss, no muss.
Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side...
longfellow
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by longfellow »

Keyboard customization is really nice!  :D  

Some observations:

- If I've entered a new shortcut in the "press new shortcut key" field and I then use the keyboard shortcut for the "assign" button (Alt+A), the shortcut key I entered is changed to Alt+A rather than being assigned.

- I notice that the Shift key can't be used in combination with the NumKeys. Ctrl+Numkey works, as does Alt+NumKey and Ctrl+Alt+NumKey; but add Shift to any of these combos and the shortcut is refused.

- Any chance of having the commands for "Move Tab Right", "Move Tab Left" and "Rename Tab" added to the "Miscellaneous" category?

Thanks, Nikos!
ScottWall
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by ScottWall »

Nikos wrote:
that's interesting, don't you get another one straight after that with slightly modified text? Does the About dialog appear centered? Are you on a multimonitor system?
You guessed it, like Wasker, I'm on a multimonitor system. Everything appears to be working fine apart from the assertion failure.
Nikos wrote:
that system control i'm using to read the keystrokes does not allow certain keys including backspace, delete, enter and escape. Sorry for any inconvenience caused
That's slightly unfortunate, no big deal as far as I'm concerned.

I have come across another assertion failure:

File: Mainfrm.cpp
Line: 4452
Expression: ndir >= 2

This came up under the following scenario:
- left pane has two tabs, right pane has one tab
- right pane is active
- select CTRL+o
- assertion pops up
snakebyte
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by snakebyte »

Nikos could you add an additional button in Customize Keyboard dialog which would launch "Keyboard Assignments" list directly as a modeless window?

This would eliminate the need of copying keyboard assignments and pasting them in some editor for reference.
Help! I'm an AI running around in someone's universe simulator.
Gandolf
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Gandolf »

Hi Nikos,

I assume that the very, very slow browse flat is because it's a debug version (over 1 minute compared to less then a second with 1.6.5.3 for the same directories).
neko
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by neko »

Aah, at last I can refresh with F5, thank you! :)
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

this debug version is slow but things will get back to normal speed with the final release
wasker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wasker »

Hate telling you that, but this "eat first click" which now protects single file selection, completely breaks my pattern: I can't just double click the item in mini-scrap, which is a bookmark holder for me. So instead of "go to folder" quickly I need to switch my context to bookmark panel and re-click the item again. :evil:
I'm using Xplorer2 - the only file manager that does not suck. Actually, it rocks!
wasker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wasker »

Besides that, double click with this feature behaves very weird: instead of selecting new item on second click, it runs previously selected item.

In other words: HOW TO TURN IT OFF? :?:
I'm using Xplorer2 - the only file manager that does not suck. Actually, it rocks!
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

well you guys have to make up your mind! either single item "selections" are protected, or they aren't! The easiest fix for you is to clear "eat first click" option (Tools | Options | General)
wasker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wasker »

nikos wrote:well you guys have to make up your mind! either single item "selections" are protected, or they aren't! The easiest fix for you is to clear "eat first click" option (Tools | Options | General)
Thanks. I better stick with this fix. Fixed single selection slows me down significantly.
Mr.Pleasant
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Mr.Pleasant »

Too bad. When there was this discussion whether single item selections should be protected the same like multi-item selections, the "pro" members had a (small) valid point. Now this turns out to be a much bigger disadvantage. So much for the modern King Midas and his first click/touch....
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

well i thought this was a pretty bad idea too, but when all these advocates were screaming about "consistency" i didn't hear any voice to the contrary! Now we all suffer :(