Xplorer2 featured at lifehacker.com

Discussion & Support for xplorer² professional

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

the mystery about missing comments is that there is somewhere a button to 'show all' otherwise most are hidden
Ampa

Post by Ampa »

Not as simple as that I'm afraid... even with Show All enabled my comment didn't appear.

I have noticed this several times on LifeHacker, that when I post a comment that questions the wisdom of an article it doesn't appear.

I think they are particularly sensitive to criticism!
IneedHelp
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by IneedHelp »

Maybe the first few comments a user posts need moderator approbation in order for the rest to show instantly. Though, if you're an old member and you have over a dozen comments displayed in different threads, there should be no reason for delays.
Thracx
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: Xplorer2 featured at lifehacker.com

Post by Thracx »

Kilmatead wrote:
pschroeter wrote:Your link points to a 4 year old article on xplorer2
You'll note that Snakebyte's original post (which you quoted) was - strangely enough - 4 years ago.
Thanks for correcting pschroeter in my absence :-)

It's interesting how the only real downside they found in X² was that it uses Windows Explorer's built-in file operations - and if I recall correctly, that's easily changed in the Options via using Robust Copy/Move/Delete by default.  While I might not be as harsh as saying empty brevity, Lifehacker's reviews are certainly not very in-depth. :cry:  Perhaps it if was, the 'Where it Falls Short' section would be empty  :)

But I would like to second what wperkins99 said, Lifehacker I still worth reading.  There articles at least point you in the right direction and towards useful products or tips.  It's up to you to do your own research, of course.
-Thracx

"Man wants to know, and when he ceases to do so, he is no longer a man."
-Fridtjof Nansen