Create a xplorer² Feature Request forum?

Discussion & Support for xplorer² professional

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

pschroeter
Silver Member
Silver Member

Create a xplorer² Feature Request forum?

Post by pschroeter »

When I look at the scope of what this forum covers, I sometimes wonder if it would be easier for you to create new  xplorer² forum dedicated to just collecting New Feature Requests. This forum then could become more centered on problem solving.

I also think a  xplorer² Tips forum might be nice to gather any handy tricks users have come up with (Nikos you certainly are welcome too). My trick is setting the names of files created in the last 24hrs to bold letter formatting. I will never have to hunt for recent downloads with their weird names again.

Before I discovered xplorer² last February, I hated my PC and often thought wistfully about getting a Mac. Now the two of us are getting along just fine.
snakebyte
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Create a xplorer² Feature Request forum?

Post by snakebyte »

pschroeter wrote:My trick is setting the names of files created in the last 24hrs to bold letter formatting. I will never have to hunt for recent downloads with their weird names again.
I liked your idea and I'll be using this rule often.
Help! I'm an AI running around in someone's universe simulator.
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

i guess this is equivalent to always sorting by modified date, which is my default browsing option. For better clarity you can group by this column too (View| Arrange by| show in groups)
pschroeter
Silver Member
Silver Member

I goofed slightly when I wrote up my tip

Post by pschroeter »

I think I goofed slightly writing up my tip. My trick is using Custom Color coding to make the names of files created in the last 24hrs to bold letter formatting. I think people think I use a filter, I use Customize| Color coding...   to set the formatting automatically and don't have to do anything. This useful whenever you need to find any newly created file (downloads, word processing...) amongst a sea of earlier creations.
lian
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by lian »

It looks like a nice tip. I will try it :-)
french user-2.5.0.2 ULT [Unicode] 23/04/2014 - Win Seven family premium
wasker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Create a xplorer² Feature Request forum?

Post by wasker »

pschroeter wrote:I also think a  xplorer² Tips forum might be nice to gather any handy tricks users have come up with (Nikos you certainly are welcome too). My trick is setting the names of files created in the last 24hrs to bold letter formatting. I will never have to hunt for recent downloads with their weird names again.
If there was a contest of the tips, yours would be the #1 in my list! Thanks for sharing that!
I'm using Xplorer2 - the only file manager that does not suck. Actually, it rocks!