save XP, vote now

Discussion & Support for xplorer² professional

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

save XP, vote now

Post by nikos »

i am not by default microsoft basher, but their windows vista is definitely cr@p half baked software that never should have been released in its present state. Even the simplest things: mouse gets stuck, windows go deaf (especially internet explorer) for seconds, dragging windows feels jerky. And m$ are busy on the next generation windows already! what about this generation?  :x

if you don't want your desktop to be as buggy and half baked as your mobile phone, join the voices below and keep windows XP alive:
http://www.infoworld.com/article/08/01/ ... -xp_1.html

fat chance but every little helps :)

ps imagine what will happen after b.gates steps down next summer
fgagnon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fgagnon »

Done!  :D

... now where is the save Office 2002 - bash Office 2007 site ?  :evil:
wasker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wasker »

Nikos, puh-lease. This call for action is plain stupid.
I'm using Xplorer2 - the only file manager that does not suck. Actually, it rocks!
fgagnon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fgagnon »

Well asking for XP to be available indefinitely, makes little rational sense; but I think not stupid, as I look at this "crusade" as a bargaining step to extend its availability until the real issues can be sorted out -- and there are lots of real issues and added costs for enterprise-wide deployments that, for many, do not justify abandoning XP at such a fast pace as m$ is dictating.  
And, especially because this is not a formal relationship here the use of hyperbole seems appropriate in stating the position.
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

wasker some people deserve all they get ;)
we're not muppets over here!
Demetris
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Demetris »

Bill Gates: What is the less polished product of Microsoft?

http://gizmodo.com/342920/holy-crap-did ... dows-sucks
snemarch
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by snemarch »

Vista isn't exactly my cup of tea, it seems to be the WinMe of the NT series... there's a few things from it I'd like in XP though, and I could probably live with Vista if I had to (after SP1 + vlite), but it's not something I'd upgrade to voluntarily.

I hope the next Windows is going to be better.
wasker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wasker »

nikos wrote:wasker some people deserve all they get ;)
we're not muppets over here!
Look, I really don't get what's wrong with Vista. Maybe it's not perfect, but it definitely better than XP. In any case, nobody @Microsoft would prolong XP's life at the Vista's expense. It's just business.

The least I would expect this kind of BS from InfoWorld.
I'm using Xplorer2 - the only file manager that does not suck. Actually, it rocks!
TracyB

Post by TracyB »

The least I would expect this kind of BS from InfoWorld.
What's wrong or stupid about generating loads of gratuitous web-traffic and email subscriptions?

ps :- voted!
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

I really don't get what's wrong with Vista
my biggest nag: every now and then, press <alt+arrow> to go back a page in internet explorer and you end up 100 pages earlier. Keyboard autorepeat sucks.
wasker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wasker »

nikos wrote:
I really don't get what's wrong with Vista
my biggest nag: every now and then, press <alt+arrow> to go back a page in internet explorer and you end up 100 pages earlier. Keyboard autorepeat sucks.
:shock:  :shock:  :roll:
wasker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wasker »

TracyB wrote:What's wrong or stupid about generating loads of gratuitous web-traffic and email subscriptions?
Ah, this makes sense for IW perfectly. But still stupid for participants. :)
neko
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by neko »

wasker wrote:Nikos, puh-lease. This call for action is plain stupid.
Totally agreed, and I never imagined I can read something like that here. Well, you never know.
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

so which part you don't get? my keys randomly stick (the keys are fine, vista autorepeats like mad). When I use the mouse's roller to scroll, every now and then the scrolling halts like it's stuck for a second, then unhooks itself. Dragging windows around most of the time stucks and then things jump out of the screen. Perhaps you enjoy this kind of "progress" but I don't. I even have aero disabled (and the computer is dual core one year old dell)

and clearly save xp is not literal, it's just venting off at m$
wasker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wasker »

What keyboard/mouse you use? I do indeed have this sort of problem with the mouse wheel (except IE), but keyboard is just fine. Both are wireless MS hardwares. And I also have Aero up and running on both laptop (pretty budget model, mind you) and desktop systems, so I dunno what cha talkin' 'bout. :)