Grid in "Details" view

Discussion & Support for xplorer² professional

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

keykeeper

Grid in "Details" view

Post by keykeeper »

Hi
Does anyone know if it is possible to remove the grid in the details view? The thing is that I am using black background with green text in xplorer2 and it would have been better for the visuals so not have the grid.

THanks
J
fgagnon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fgagnon »

Hi keykeeper,

Welcome to the board! :)

to not show gridlines, simply uncheck Gridlines in detailed mode
on Tools | Options... | Window

HTH
keykeeper

Post by keykeeper »

Thanks for swift reply! Fantastic - I had missed that option:) Just what I was looking for.

Since you seem to be very famliliar with the possible tweaks - can I please ask you to advise if you know if it is possible to change the background color for the three pane?

Thanks
J
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

the tree pane's background cannot be changed except if you change all your window attributes from control panel

ps now it can be changed as you'll see in tomorrow's beta
fgagnon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fgagnon »

Hurrah!
Now I will be able to decouple that shade from the generic windoze bg color.   ...
And, hopefully, the tree bg color will be focus-dependent, no ?  ;)
keykeeper

Post by keykeeper »

Fantastic that this will be available.
I downloaded the BETA (1.7.0.12) but I can't find where to change this?

Also out of couriosity - you mentioned that it is possible to change the color for all the windows in the control panel. Can I please ask you to advise where in the control panel I can do this.. I have not seen this possibility before.

Thanks a million
J
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

i haven't made the new version public yet, you'll see in a few hours

for desktop properties right click on the destkop area, pick customize/personalize/properties command, then click on Appearence tab and there you can change loads of things
fgagnon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fgagnon »

keykeeper,

@ change the color for all the windows in the control panel -

from control panel
> Display > properties > Appearance > Advanced  
you can change whatever is on the menus there.

(But I think not available in Vista)
johngalt
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by johngalt »

It is, just, as with many tasks in Vista, much harder to get to.  Plus, since there are now two views to Control Panel, you'll need to follow whichever is appropriate:

For users of the *New* Control Panel:

[START] --> Control Panel --> Click the Change colors link (listed under Appearance and Personalization) --> Click the Open classic appearance properties for more color options link--> Click the Advanced button

For users of the *classic* Control Panel style:

[START] --> Control Panel --> Personalization --> Click the Windows color and appearance link --> Click the Open classic appearance properties for more color options link --> Click the Advanced button

fgagnon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fgagnon »

nikos wrote:the tree pane's background cannot be changed except if you change all your window attributes from control panel

ps now it can be changed as you'll see in tomorrow's beta
Not quite what I expected (which was for it to have its own bgColor) ... but might be nicer (using rgbActiveBgcol and rgbInactiveBgcol colors, depending on whether tree has focus or not) but I need to find new colors because the tree is too de-emphasized.  :o

PS - After working with it a short time, I am less happy than first impression: color combos' need another degree of freedom to get what I would like.  At the moment it seems to be that using the shades for hilighted column bg colors would be satisfactory; but this quickly gets down to personal preferences and work habits for best way to have user-set color choices.
So, I think that means that I am back to my original expectation, which is to recommend separate rgbTreeFocusbgCol and rgbTreebgcol definitions.
:shrug:
Last edited by fgagnon on 2008 Feb 11, 16:07, edited 2 times in total.
narayan
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by narayan »

...when I have trouble remembering were I am.
Nikos, you must stop passing Vodka to others...  :shock:
fgagnon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fgagnon »

@ vodka -
I never touch the stuff (anymore) ... but a good single malt (preferably an Islay) can exacerbate the effect.  Vodka, on the other hand, would quickly take the user past the point of discriminating.  ;)