"Shall we wait for them?"

Discussion & Support for xplorer² professional

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

MegaZapFan
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

"Shall we wait for them?"

Post by MegaZapFan »

Seeing this error most times that I close 1.7.1.1 Unicode.

If I open the app and close it without performing any actions, there's no erorr.

Is there a newer build anywhere?
Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side...
fgagnon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fgagnon »

yes, 1.7.1.2 fixes this issue specifically

(discussed elsewhere on the board, too) ;)
MegaZapFan
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by MegaZapFan »

Is 1.7.1.2 available yet?  linky pls?
fgagnon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fgagnon »

menuitem: Help | Check for updates  :shock:
Dhamu

Post by Dhamu »

I admit to fewer of these errors in 1.7.1.2, but it doesn't eliminate them entirely.  I still get one or two each day.  (I'd probably have more, but about the only time I shut xplorer² down is to clear the Robust Transfer window that won't be banished, which I get whenever I switch away from the x² desktop while a transfer is in progress.  That got broken ages ago, and apparently not enough people use multiple desktops for it to be an issue to many.)  The newer error seems to mostly come when I close xplorer² down with a tab open pointing to a USB drive that's been disconnected, but it's not consistently duplicatable.
MegaZapFan
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by MegaZapFan »

fgagnon wrote:menuitem: Help | Check for updates  :shock:
Hah!  All this time I have been using X2, I've never noticed that!  :roll:

Thanks
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

Dhamu which desktop manager are you using?
if the transfer window remains open for some reason, you can hide it with its close button (?)
Dhamu

Post by Dhamu »

I'm using XDesk http://www.xdesksoftware.com/.  (It's pay so you can't easily try it, but it does more things than the three free desktop managers I tried.)  Yes, I can close the marooned Robust Transfer window, but whenever I return to xplorer²'s desktop after having switched to another desktop, the marooned transfer window has returned.  It only stays closed when I restart x² to banish it.  And it's always re-abandoned again when I do a file transfer which I switch away from during the transfer.  I don't recall at which version the abandonment problem began (I mention XDesk and having had the problem "for many versions" with 1.6.5.8 on 13 May 2007). The issue wasn't always there, mind: the window used to close properly despite me switching to another desktop during a transfer.  Then something in xplorer² changed and it stopped doing that.  (It wasn't something in XDesk that changed, since I've never updated it.)
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

does this problem appear with any other "simple" desktop switching programs?
profess
Silver Member
Silver Member

just seen the error again

Post by profess »

Hi all,

I was using X2 and used F12 to load properties.  I closed X2 and was greeted with the "there are copy operations in progress, shall we wait for them" message.  

Clicking no resumes closing X2 and closes the properties dialog and ends X2 in memory, clicking yes closes X2 and leaves the properties dialog open.  Clicking yes leaves X2 in memory also.

This was reproducible on my system about 5 times (Win XP SP2, Xplorer2 v1.7.2.1).  

Regards all and seasons greetings,

Osei
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

this is by design although the anticipated behaviour would be an outstanding file copy progress. It is a misnomer for the properties dialog

if you click yes (to wait) chances are that x2 will stay in memory as you've discovered. It's one of these quirky outstanding bugs that i can't seem to sort out