Show status info conveniently under both panes...

Discussion & Support for xplorer² professional

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

this will be added one day as optional infobar panes, but not for v1.8
TsunamiZ
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TsunamiZ »

let me put it this way: there currently are like 2 types of status bars.  1 on the top on each pane, and 1 on the bottom that has no pane.  what im suggesting is add the info from the bottom status bar to the top status bar so that theyre always displayed in the relevant pane.  ive seen my suggested setup in other file managers such as directory opus and freecommander and they do it this way and it makes more sense.  basically, it would be better with 1 type of status bar instead of 2 types.
vserghi
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by vserghi »

TsunamiZ wrote:i dont think power users will be doing as much file management on low end netbooks and small screens.  x2 is supposed to be aimed at power users
I use x2 at work, I only have a 14" laptop and I consider myself a poweruser. Being a poweruser is about using x2 and Windows efficiently, it's not necessarily about the size of your screen or the power of your PC or laptop.
Vas
TsunamiZ
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TsunamiZ »

i updated the first post with some extra screenshots in case it helps explain the benefits better...
Thracx
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Thracx »

Cosmo wrote:1. To much information cane lead to the opposite of the wanted result: The user simply ignores it, because it takes too much time to view at every given info.
The user experience is always a concern - which is what should drive the defaults.  That should be the first priority, but appeasing power users by providing customization is also important.

I'm sure many of us choose to use X² mainly because it is so customizable - I happen to like the new normal Explorer in Win7... it's just not very customizable, so I'm sticking with X² :).
-Thracx

"Man wants to know, and when he ceases to do so, he is no longer a man."
-Fridtjof Nansen