Color coding request

Discussion & Support for xplorer² professional

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

antoonvdr

Color coding request

Post by antoonvdr »

The feature to color code the file names is fantastic!!
I use it to mark my files that I use the most recently.

Request: would it be possible to see the color coding in the pane that does not have focus?

Also, I may have stumbled upon a bug.
I had in one pane my Desktop with large icons, in the other pane a subdirectory of the My Documents folder. Folder settings of both were saved.
I activate the color coding in one pane and saved the folder settings. Did the same with the Desktop pane, and saved. Closed xplorer2 and opened again: color coding in the Desktop pane was de-activated. I repeated this process a couple of times, all with same result.
I got it to work by changing the view in Desktop, saved the folder settings, activated the color coding, saved again, and returned to the large icons, saved again. After that, reopening xplorer2 kept the color coding.....

All in all: great addition!!!
antoonvdr

Post by antoonvdr »

In Manual page 308 its explained how to set this using the binMiscOptions value in the registry. The Manual says the default value is 0.
When I tried to set it to 8192 I noticed it had already value 295698656.
I changed it into 8192 and relogged in.
No change in behaviour of xplorer2. The registry key had changed to 295731424, or a difference of 32768 which is 4 times 8192.
That is all the sense I can make of it.

Any help please??
profess
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by profess »

you need to download and install the latest version (1.7.1.2).

ensure all instances of xplorer2 or scraps are closed first.

use the advanced settings editor that comes with it.

there is a Global tab.  select the option "filename color coding applied even on inactive views".  it is the last check box.

is that what you mean?

also ensure "Activate color coding" option is checked in both panes

regards,

osei
antoonvdr

Post by antoonvdr »

Thanks so much!! :D
Ian

Post by Ian »

I'm reporting an inconsistent behavior instead requesting a feature.

1. If I use Bold-face with option to keep the coloring when the pane is inactive, the highlight-rectangular's size is changing back. In this case, picture explains better:
Hope fixing this won't affecting the efficiency of handling color code.

2. If I rename any file or dir to change the letters into capital or the other way around, it will not apply the changes.
In other words, I cannot rename to change only the capital.

I have quite different settings and configuration on my PC. So, if no one can produce the problem, I believe it's not a problem. Besides, those two are not biggie.
Thank you.
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

the first drawing glitch seems simple but it's very hard to fix. For rename on the other hand, changing the case works for me, when using F2 on a single file!?
FrizzleFry
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by FrizzleFry »

case change renames work but you have to refresh (Ctrl-R) to see them
Ian

Post by Ian »

nikos wrote:the first drawing glitch seems simple but it's very hard to fix. For rename on the other hand, changing the case works for me, when using F2 on a single file!?
F2, (slow d-click), or (r-click > rename) give me that strange behavior.
FrizzleFry wrote:case change renames work but you have to refresh (Ctrl-R) to see them
I tried to click on the refresh icon, (Ctrl-R), (out to other dir and back) they still give me the same result. I can see the change immediately if I add or erase character, so I don't think my problem is with refreshing.

So, I guess it's because of my PC. If it doesn't happen to others, no worries.
Thanks for the suggestions.
desslok
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by desslok »

I get Ian's problem of case insensitivity with Change type (Ctrl+F2) on Vista. Ctrl+F2 is actually my preferred renaming mode because I prefer a different window, don't want a confirmation dialog for extension change, etc. In-line naming is sensitve to case change, but can anyone else confirm this insesitivity with Ctrl+F2? (Just change case, do not add, subtract, or exchange letters.)
FrizzleFry
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by FrizzleFry »

I see it also in XP SP3... case change only rename with Ctrl-F2 does not work.
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

ctrl+f2 goes through "DOS rename" which isn't keen on case changes