Lifetime upgrade offer

Discussion & Support for xplorer² professional

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

jw

Lifetime upgrade offer

Post by jw »

Hi Nikos

You've just lost an order!

I received your email about the new lifetime upgrade - it sounded like a good investment so I went online and ordered it through the Plimus outfit as requested. Next thing I know I've got the prats trying to telephone me to 'verify the order', which it appears they do for every order, and then complaining by email because I didn't answer the phone.  Nikos, I really get enough nuisance calls already without this sort of damnfool nonsense. An internet transaction should be just that - an internet transaction. I must have ordered dozens of programs over the internet and have never been bothered in this way before.

I've told them to cancel the order.

With the greatest respect, can I suggest that you use another payment agency that doesn't  pester your customers?

Wonderful program, but it looks as though I'll be doing without upgrades in future!

Regards
John
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

hi john, sorry to hear you were disappointed with the purchasing experience. I'm sure that plimus don't phone each and every customer, only when they need to make extra credit checks -- for whatever reason their flagging system deems necessary. Have they called you when you first bought the program?
jw

Post by jw »

Hi Nikos

Thanks for the prompt reply.

If, as you say, mine is not the common experience, then my guess is that they were doing a random check, as I have a cast-iron credit record and I've just confirmed that my credit card hasn't been compromised. Their complaint appeared to be simply that they didn't succeed in talking to me on the telephone so wouldn't proceed with the order.

In answer to your question, I first bought xplorer2 when you were using 'share-it' as the agent, and had no trouble then.

Perhaps I'll wait for the dust to settle and for my ruffled feathers to get back in place and then try again.

Regards

John
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

it is quite possible there was a random check, nothing to do with your credit record quality. These flagging systems are completely mechanised and as a result many times daft!

to all other users who've used plimus to order something xplorer2:
have you ever had a phone call from plimus like john here?
RickyF
Silver Member
Silver Member

FWIW - No problem buying lifetime upgrade license

Post by RickyF »

I just bought the lifetime upgrade without a hitch. Plimus took my credit card info and charged me. I got email confirmations in just a minute or two.

BTW, Nikos I never received an email with the notice of the lifetime upgrade offer. I would have bought this sooner if only I had known.
Mini

Re: FWIW - No problem buying lifetime upgrade license

Post by Mini »

RickyF wrote: BTW, Nikos I never received an email with the notice of the lifetime upgrade offer. I would have bought this sooner if only I had known.
Me neither, I wonder if my ISP filtered it?
kunkel321
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kunkel321 »

My Guess is it's a random thing.  Probably some new "customer safety" program the company management is making the subordinants do (Think "Dilbert Cartoon").

Also, are you certain it wasn't your credit card company calling to "confirm in regard to" your Plimus thing, then when they didn't get an answer they didn't approve the cost, thus prompting Plimus to email and nag you?

If you have lots of unusual card purchases back-to-back it can trigger a security flag at the credit card company (think stolen credit card).

Just a thought.

PS:  I haven't purchased the upgrade but plan to next month...  
Hopefully it's not a limited-time offer ;)
jw

Post by jw »

Encouraged by you good folk, and determined not to give in, I decided to try again. The same details went through without a hitch. 'Flagging', training exercise or whatever, I'll never know now. Thanks for listening to my sounding off on the subject.

John
rcfima

Post by rcfima »

nikos, all

great working forward on the xplorer2 nikos

regards the guarantee purchase
i received no telephone calls

i believe i got email correspondence
a receipt i printed off

the process was a bit vague seeming at times
i guess i was expecting something
an email or more than what arrived

i was expecting something from nikos

i will check on the other computer for what correspondence i got

thanks

rcfima
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

email is such a big pain in the @rse... whenever you buy something emails are sent automatically, but often your spam blocker or something else may eat it. If you are missing emails, check your Junk email folder or any other place your email client may put "suspicious" emails
warrenrh

Post by warrenrh »

I never saw the lifetime upgrade offer.  
Maybe you could post a link or making a posting about the the offer?
Robert Warren
Apollo

Post by Apollo »

Is there a time limit on the lifetime upgrade offer?
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

you can read about the upgrade policy here: www.zabkat.com/x2up.htm
as with everything in life, there's no guarantee that it will remain available or unchanged, but whoever buys it now will be safeguarded against such changes too!
neko
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by neko »

When this was changed? I thought that I have lifetime license already...
fgagnon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fgagnon »

You do have a lifetime license to use xplorer²; but not necessarily to free upgrades -- even though nikos has provided those upgrades for free in the past.