requesting a feature

Discussion & Support for xplorer² professional

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

georgehu

requesting a feature

Post by georgehu »

Is there any feature that remember the source and target folder view and create special shortcut for the source/target view? I think this is absolutely useful feature because we are always copying/moving files between pair of folders.
fgagnon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fgagnon »

I think I don't get what you are asking.  :?

The active pane is the default source and the inactive pane is the default target.  That's the beauty of a dual pane file manager.  
And there are options to start x2 with specified pane pairs, and to remember where you were the last time you used it.
stodd

Post by stodd »

I think he wants something like a bookmark pair, that sets BOTH panes.  And to do it within the current instance of X2 (like an ordinary bookmark).

If so, it seem a very good request ~ a vote from me.  There are quite a few bookmarks that I only ever use in pairs.
fgagnon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fgagnon »

Paired bookmarks is a good idea for x2. :thumbup:
I also often manually pair specific tabs that way myself.

Until we get them (bookmarks² ?), I have a number of independent xplorer² layouts that I have defined in I which have the panes preset on the folders used for specific tasks. e.g.: finances, entertainment, photography, writing, etc.
To keep them independent, use the /P switch on the command line in the shortcuts used to start them, so they each run in a separate process.

... but that's an idea for xplorer², not an Editor² issue, so I'm moving this thread into the x2 Pro forum. ;)
dunno
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by dunno »

well you could just force one panel to what the other is, works well as a shortcut to "pairing" panes.