some feature suggestions/changes & bugs

Discussion & Support for xplorer² professional

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

Leeoniya

Post by Leeoniya »

nikos:

thanks for the suggestion. however, despite the "mini", the miniscrap takes up a lot of space. (the very thing xplorer2 tries to conserve).

In my config I have the tree turned off entirely and basically have xplorer2 mimicing Windows Explorer classic mode in much of its functionality. that being said, having a nice bookmark toolbar is ideal. the only minor things i'd like changed is a minimum button width, and the big thing is text labels next to icons rather than below because all folder and drive icons either look the same or take up too much vertical space (almost as much as an additional toolbar)

i've given up on using xplorer2 in dual pane mode because there's no way to align/duplicate shortcut bars to each view, and both share the same address bar, if these were split, it would be perfect IMO.
profess
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by profess »

yes my w810 phone :-) you may laugh, but as long as you're filtering in style that's all that matters :-)
Leeoniya

Post by Leeoniya »

narayan wrote:Instead of DOUBLE-clicking, just use breadcrumbs. You can go ANY number of levels upward with a SINGLE click. Or press BKSP, which is even easier.
i also have breadcrumbs turned off A. because it it uses extra vertical space, and B. because it is difficult to precisely position the mouse over a location. it is much faster to use mouse gestures (if available) or quickly click whitespace...much much faster, unless you have 10+ levels to go through.

and as i've mentioned before, in windows most navigation is done by mouse. i agree that there is huge benefit in having keyboard shortcuts for functions/scripts that are cumbersome to get to through menus, but navigation is a visual process and i think is much more effective with a mouse. since most of the time windows users have their hand on a mouse, any keyboard shortcuts on the right (or mouse opposite) side of the keyboard are pretty difficult to use.
Mr.Pleasant
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Mr.Pleasant »

Leeoniya wrote:Alt-G still only selects the needed files without grouping them close to each other, or bringing them all into view as needs to be done with a large result list, optimally filtering out of view all non-matching files would be implemented, currently, drilling down is impossible.
Sorry, Leeoniya, filtering is with alt+h, not alt+g as I said earlier. My mistake. (In the menu it is View - Visual filter - Rule based...)
So you do a search first with the usual ctrl+f, and within the results you filter according to a second criterium with alt+h. That should get you there.
Leeoniya

Post by Leeoniya »

yeah i figured it out, i remapped it anyways. thx.